Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I went to the pro shop the other day to try out the Alien X and came out of their without shooting one and now I have questions for you.

1. I was told that the Alien X has an issue with hand torque and the string coming off the the cam. It was explained to me that if you torque your hands the the string has a tendancy to come off the lower cam. So, I never shot it. Is this true??? Any feedback????

2. I also was told that if I put Winner's Choice strings on the Bear Done Deal bow I would get the same speed as the Truth 2 which is approx 10 fps more. Is this true? What have you all seen with Winner's Choice or any custom strings??? I have always had a Zebra my MQ32, but now this has me thinking.:confused:

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Whoever told you that is just wrong. I have three and have have been shooting them sense February and have yet to have the string come off.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I torque a bow bad and I've had no problems at all.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Its a possibility with all of the speed bow if you torque too much, but you really have to overdo it. There was a thread on this about the Xforce doing the same thing when I got mine and it had me worried when I drew it back the first time. All I could think about was the string coming off of the cam and the bow blowing up. I am a 28" draw and had to draw it at 31" because I didn't have my mods yet and had no problems. Don't read too much into that because it can happen to any bow, but I would venture to say that most of the time it is human error. Draw it with a release and an arrow and you will be fine.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
My friend, you have just been introduced to what I like to call an idiot who has no idea what he is talking about.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Looks like you have been dooped by an idiot. If he is a shop owner he must not know how to tune a bow. I have not had ANY of those problems with mine. He should prob find out how to tune bows and research before he owns a shop. Just another dealer who thinks he knows everything and probably even talks with an attitude I bet. My Alien is the best fitting, best shooting, and down right awesome. Best money spent IMO.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, he doesn't own the store he just works there alot. I guess I will have to go back there and shoot it, but I won't feel comfortable getting it set up there.:sad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts