Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure am concerned about starting this thread...

With all the talk about cam lean and limb twist, I have become curious and concerned about it. I am looking for another bow, and I would like a longer ATA- somewhere between 36 to 40". The bows that I have narrowed down to include the new Alien. I know the bow is not out, yet, but how is the current Alien-X with respect to limb twist? Is it present? Is it an issue? I like the roller guard, and I hope that it is utilized on the new Alien. However, there have been so many posts bashing Bowtech, that I am a little worried.

I am actually a fan of Bowtech- I own a Sniper, and I know a few others that shoot other Bowtech's. That is why I am concerned about asking this- I do not want to start any bashing of any manufacturer.

Can anyone tell me about the Alien-X regarding limb twist?

·
Registered
221 Posts
On my Alien I do not notice any cam lean or limb twist at all,,,,, at least not from my point of view as the shooter, I have never put it on a draw board. :darkbeer:

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
its not the manufacturer per say, its the" hyped up ,something new, yokeless cam systems" that creates more problems then solutions (to a non existing timing problem)
" yeah, my bow cant go out of time but the cams look like the leaning Tower of Piza"

·
Registered
24,955 Posts
i havent noticed anything. all i know is mine is spot on at 40 yds and was performing amazing at the 3d course. works great

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
No twist or cam lean here!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
There is a huge difference between BT and Martin. Martin will flat out do everything within their power to make any issue you might have right.

The BT thing goes back about 7 years when someone inside BT claimed they witnessed failure after failure in the factory. They said it was recommended they do something different with limbs to correct all of the failures. A few years later word was out they were looking to sell the company because of all the issues they had and that the company was hurting. Then you had the sell, the recall, firing people, etc. This all pretty much because they were interested in the bottom line not doing what's right for the customer.

Martin, on the other hand, will simply do whatever it takes to keep people happy. They go so far above what is required it isn't even funny. I know one guy that bought a Martin bow and the site was missing a single pin. He called to ask if they would sind him the pin and 3 days later an new site equal to two upgrades above what he had arived in the mail! They sent him a $70 site rather than sending him a $2.00 pin. Search on here and you'll see where they have sent people brand new bows for something that wasn't even their fault! It simply doesn't get any better than Martin and that's is why they are having a record year.

·
Bent Not Broken
3,448 Posts
Another man bought a used Alien and it had a limb problem. No way to tell how it happened. Even though it may have been a user issue, they sent him new ones no questions asked. The guy wasn't even looking for that, they just stepped up. That sold me on my next bow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts