Archery Talk Forum banner

Alien shooters?

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Archer2023 
#1 ·
What is the valley like on the Alien? I can't shoot one before I buy so can you guys help me out here? I heard the draw was really smooth but what is the valley like? I liked the wall and valley on my Z28 but don't really care for it on my Guardian. Thanks!

#2 ·
Alien shooters are 3 ft tall with real big heads and shoot demoleculizing ray guns, honest I see them every night.:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I almost pulled the trigger on one myself but just didn't want to buy without shooting one and picked up an Admiral today. From what I hear its about as nice a draw as anything on the market and stupid fast also. I'm a junkie and just can't wait the 4 weeks my dealer quoted.

#5 ·
Sorry no dealings with an E-wheel, anyone else?

Alien shooters are 3 ft tall with real big heads and shoot demoleculizing ray guns, honest I see them every night.:ROFLMAO:

Actually that would be a Martian :nyah:

#4 ·
The AlienX has an extremely smooth draw cycle unlike any speed bow I have ever shot.there is no noticable drop of into the valley. The best I can tell you is it feels like E-Wheel. obviously a great wall. The bow is so smooth its amazing the speed that comes out of it.

#7 ·
It has a real nice pull to it without the hump at the end, drop easily into a very nice valley. It has the best draw cycle of any bow I have shot it last several years. Where it picks ups its speed? I do no know. It shoots very fast! It is not harsh pull like most speed bows. The one I shot had a little more noise than I like, but I think a set of string silencers would take care of it. I am not a fan of short bows. I am waiting to see what the longer version is like.

#8 ·
shoots real smooth and quick I tested it with 367 grain arrow ,60lb draw ,28.5" draw length and was chronoed at 300fps .take the extra 67 grain out of arrow and you have legit 320's . only dislike is the squared off grip, but I guess you could get use to it .if they would have had one in 70lb draw I would have a lot more to say about it cause it would be sitting in my house

#10 ·
Thanks for the replies, I'm not concerned about the draw cycle only the valley. Thanks Carl for answering my question.

#13 ·
The valley is almost imperceptible on the draw. You have to be really paying attention to notice it at all. Hands down the best draw cycle of anything I shot or owned. I had planned on only buying one bow this year. Now I'm looking at buying whatever Alien-X I can get to shoot now while waiting for my 70#'er on order. I also think I want to get a 50# Lefty for my GF. :thumbs_up

#15 ·
On the Firecat it was held in with a set screw so I'm sure it is the same on the Alien. It would almost have to be since changing the draw weight would also affect the brace height slightly and change the distance between the STS and the String.

#20 ·
Alien "X"-Terminator

The valley on the "Hybrix" cam is adjustable with the draw stop peg.
you can get a very long valley by simply adjusting the peg. As draw length through the valley increases let off increases slightly. You will be at a very high let off though if you put a LARGE valley in the cam. Myself I am liking the concrete wall at bout 80%

There is no big "hump" at the end of the draw cycle, it builds to a peak draw weight in the first 1/3rd "ish" of the cycle plateau's till bout 94% then just lets off smoothly and drops right onto the peg. SMOOTH And SOLID.
28" 59.795#

For anyone wondering how the bow shoots, check out;
www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1054165917

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.