Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have their sight pin to the left of the string to rest line 9right handed)? I just noticed that all three (string-rest-pin) are not aligned. When I put my pin on the target at full draw, my arrow is aimed to the right yet hits the target where my pin is aiming. No matter how I grip the bow, trying to eliminate torque, I can not get all three lined up. I haven't seen any sign of contact either. My bow is in spec and center shot seems ok and walk back tunes fine. I can get bullet hole paper tears. Does anyone else have the same set up?

· Registered
1,485 Posts
Assuming everything else is set up properly, it's not necessary for the sight pin to line up with anything else but your eye. As long as you're hitting where you want to hit, it's fine.

· Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,284 Posts
For right handed shooters, your pins should be slightly to the to left of your string when the bow is not drawn. Depending on the bow (like my 82nd and 101st for instance) the sight pins could be a little further to the left due to the deep center shot position. Most times though, they'll be just along the outside of the string to the left. Nothing to worry about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.