Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All about the pro comp elite question

HI everyone,

So I was watching youtube earlier, cause wanted to know what people's comment about this bow. I ordered the 2015 HOYT Pro Comp Elite FX w/ gtx cams it has a

- ATA 35 5/8

THEN, I saw the video I was watching earlier on one of the people who was using the bow, then I went to the HOYT main youtube account and watched the video as well, It was uploaded or published around JAn 20, 2014.

Now MY question is, I cant help but noticed that the older bow don't have a string stop? and I was browsing the old Pro Comp elite and it doesnt have a string stop to it? Is that something like a preference, like the customer can remove the string stop? or the OLDER PRO COMP ELITE DOESNT HAVE IT? I'M SORRY I'm new at archery and target shooting, thats why I just want to know, Is this something that doesn't come with the old ones? and ADDED TO THE NEW ONES? 9 (pro comp 2015?)

Also, one of the videos for the Older Pro Comp, it has a difference of the ATA, the older ones, starts at ATA 37, while the 2015 starts at ATA 35..

does that mean they change the PRO COMP to something more of compact?

Please correct me If I'm mistaken on one of my observation thank you :)

Thank you guys..

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
The fx has always came with a string stop. Some people remove it though. The pce/pce xl have never came with a string stop.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The fx was always a 35" bow. The pro comp and pro comp xl are something totally different coming in at 37 ⅝" and 40"

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The Pro Comp Elite series was introduced in 2013 with two models; Pro Comp Elite, 37" model and the Pro Comp Elite XL, the 40" model.
These were Hoyt's flagship target models for 2013 and 2014. They were discontinued with the introduction of the 2015 Podium models.
Neither bow came with a string stop!

The Pro Comp Elite FX was introduced in 2014 as a more compact version of the series...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Pro Comp Elite series was introduced in 2013 with two models; Pro Comp Elite, 37" model and the Pro Comp Elite XL, the 40" model.
These were Hoyt's flagship target models for 2013 and 2014. They were discontinued with the introduction of the 2015 Podium models.
Neither bow came with a string stop!

The Pro Comp Elite FX was introduced in 2014 as a more compact version of the series...

Hi,

Thank you for your explanation. Yes I ordered the new 2015 Pro Comp Elite coz it fits my Draw length which is 23'. I'm such a petite person :) But I don't think the Pro Comp Elite FX 2015 were discontinued coz I just ordered mine and u can still see them at the 2015 HOYT bow catalog.

I hope they develop a compact size for Podium as well, just like what they do for they Pro Comp Elite :)
Tnx also for telling me the years they were manufactured :)

Now I know that the string stop were not part of the older version, thought it was something most of them removed hehe..
Thank you again..

·
GO UTES!!! ml_lm
8,258 Posts
Great choice on the FX, they're an awesome bow for women especially with that GTX cam...hoping to pick one up for my wife within the next year or so.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I didn't say the PCE FX was discontinued...only that the PCE , and PCE XL were disco'd!

Don't confuse the FX version with the other two!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I didn't say the PCE FX was discontinued...only that the PCE , and PCE XL were disco'd!

Don't refer to your new bow simply as the Pro Comp Elite, but rather Pro Comp Elite FX as they are two different bows!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Don't refer to your new bow simply as the Pro Comp Elite, but rather Pro Comp Elite FX as they are two different bows!

Hi,

Got it, I forgot to put the FX on the new Pro COmp Elite. Just like what I mentioned earlier, thank you for that much needed information. I guess, I miss understood what You said about the discontinuation. But tnx again..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great choice on the FX, they're an awesome bow for women especially with that GTX cam...hoping to pick one up for my wife within the next year or so.
Hi,

Yaaasss so excited about it as well. BUt the waiting game kills me ahaha.. I guess its a good thing as well, cause I get the chance to research more about the accessories, as I mentioned earlier that I'm new at Target shooting ;) I did some research about it and how it suppose to fit the person and all.. good thing it fits me ahaha..

That's really nice of you to buy your wife, I hope she likes it :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

Yaaasss so excited about it as well. BUt the waiting game kills me ahaha.. I guess its a good thing as well, cause I get the chance to research more about the accessories, as I mentioned earlier that I'm new at Target shooting ;) I did some research about it and how it suppose to fit the person and all.. good thing it fits me ahaha..

That's really nice of you to buy your wife, I hope she likes it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts