Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:elf_moon:Its kind of funny,how some think what they're shooting is the greatest thing thats graced the archery industry.Quite frankly its the little things that have made them all great shooters.Think about it,who cares who originally came out with the technology or who made it better. Machined riser's,string suppressors,dampening gadgets.cam systems.They're all great.Some of us rib each another a little bit,but I've shot so many different brands here lately and they are all great.And we are all so fortunate to have the opportunity to try so many different makes and models before we choose what we like.Besides certain little things that make them brand recognizable,their bacically identical.All shooters.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
I agree - I don't care which mathews bow you shoot.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Im with ya. No matter which Alien X you shoot, your gonna love it. Its obviously the best bow on the market.:D

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
I have to agree, too. In life you can't always measure success in dollar bills and you can't always measure the quality of a bow by it's price tag.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Think about it,who cares who originally came out with the technology or who made it better. Machined riser's,string suppressors,dampening gadgets.cam systems.They're all great.
No doubt, the manufacturers have to stay on their game to keep up in todays market place and it's made for some exciting technology! We all benefit! :shade:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree - I don't care which mathews bow you shoot.
I'd have to be paid like a pro to shoot something as egotistical as MATHEWS, just kidding I would'nt shoot'em cause their overpriced junk.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I'd have to be paid like a pro to shoot something as egotistical as MATHEWS,

just kidding I would'nt shoot'em cause their overpriced junk.
Spoken like a true BowTechy!!! :rolleyes: :thumbs_do :vom:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have to agree, too. In life you can't always measure success in dollar bills and you can't always measure the quality of a bow by it's price tag.
Take into example diamond. Good bows. relatively cheap. The hoyt turbohawk.
Just as good but cost $400 less.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'd have to be paid like a pro to shoot something as egotistical as MATHEWS, just kidding I would'nt shoot'em cause their overpriced junk.
:set1_signs009:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Is it neet that all bows have a first name:D Mine says one and your say another:p it minds me of kid in school where my dad is bigger then yours. thank God we are not throwing rock.

·
Registered
818 Posts
All bow companies have benefitted from each others advances in the industry. Them being competitive is only helping us enthusiast get top of the line equipment and getting better everyday. If you ask me, if one is over-priced, then they all are.

·
Registered
274 Posts
:elf_moon:Its kind of funny,how some think what they're shooting is the greatest thing thats graced the archery industry.Quite frankly its the little things that have made them all great shooters.Think about it,who cares who originally came out with the technology or who made it better. Machined riser's,string suppressors,dampening gadgets.cam systems.They're all great.Some of us rib each another a little bit,but I've shot so many different brands here lately and they are all great.And we are all so fortunate to have the opportunity to try so many different makes and models before we choose what we like.Besides certain little things that make them brand recognizable,their bacically identical.All shooters.
best post yet on AT. its all about keeping archerry goin so we can help the next generations enjoy the best sport in the world

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Nice !!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
A bow is a bow with strings and cams. The true performance potential of any of the "name" and most "small name" manufacturers is the same. To extract that performance potential is the art of the sport and is better related to the archers capabilities. To those that think Brand and Name make a difference are showing their weaknes in the art of the sport and falling prey to the Manufactures marketing strategies.

In truth, advances in technology are very subtle and have beem so since at least the mid "80's. As with any product, use what fits you and respect the choices other have made. I don't think many of us are on the marketing payroll of the Mfgs.

Soooooo----as the immortal "Al Bundy" says "can't we all just get along".

Marc:darkbeer::smile::darkbeer:

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
That's true. I was just thinking today about how I paid only $450 for my Remington model 700 30-06 21 years ago and I have never thought of needing a newer model. Yet I spent $750 on a bow 7 years ago and felt that I had to get something new this year. I know I didn't need to get a new bow but it sure is a different mindset. Even so, I don't expect to ever go more than 5 years or so without a new bow.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree 100%, I used to shoot exclusively Mathews, until I tried something else. Needless to say the MQ 32 was the last Mathews I've owned. Mathews is king of advertising and thats about it. I did try the z7 and it was a quality bow but didn't compare to the Destroyer or Matrix imo. But like they say different strokes for different folks. Really people all bows today are quality, just shoot what you like, just make sure you try em all before making your decision.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.