Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I have a question regarding Stabilizers. There are obviously many types.
Lets say as a control, the riser and limbs are carbon (Inno Riser/Winnex Limbs).
The HMC stabs seem popular, with the varying wall thickness and larger diameter supposedly doing it's duty to reduce Vibration through Frequency...(correct me if I'm wrong).
ACE type rods, Carbon with Aluminum core, were/are also considered excellent by many.

Can anyone tell me the benefits of either? And to add a side note, what about carbon w/foam fill, like the Fomax?

Would really like to know preferences, experienced opinion, and thoughts.
Is there also a preference in regards to a carbon (Inno) riser, as opposed to an Aluminum milled/forged Riser (Let's say a Helix, with the Tech Bar? or without).

Need some advice. Thank you!

· Registered
1,773 Posts
I have both the shibuya titanium/carbon rods and the Win HMC rods, both used on the same aerotec riser at one time or another. My subjective impression was that they were very close. The Win HMC may have been a touch quieter. If you handed me either setup, I would bet I couldn't tell them apart other than by looking @ the labels.

As for the risers: the stiff aluminum jobs like the aerotec are a bit more lively in the hand than the Inno: you can feel the vibration post-shot more in the aluminum riser vs the carbon riser. Some people like that feeling, while others prefer the more heavily damped feel of the Inno.

· Registered
740 Posts
My choice for the INNO bow was the W&W HMC stabilizer, extension and bars.
The criteria I used to make that decision:
• Lightest Mass Weight
• Maximum Vibration Capability

I used Lancaster Catalog comparison of mass weights and manufacturers design description to compare vibration dampening.

The HMC was minimum weight and the varying wall thickness and outer taper design made sense to me in terms of the overall device having more than one natural frequency.

I am very pleased with the choice on the INNO bow. Which in my opinion is the crispiest bow I have ever shot.

My initial impression of the INNO without stabilization was that it had considerately more vibration than the Aero-Tec I was shooting.

The INNO riser is red as are the stabs. The color match between the riser and stabs is marginal.

· Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, that's a good comparison.
Haven't had any information regarding the vibration of the two risers, without stabilization before. Interesting.

Any more thoughts/experiences out there?

· Registered
555 Posts
After a lot of years shooting with ACE, I bought a pair of HMC (just the short rods).

The first impresion is that the finished of the HMC's is so far better than the ACE and cheaper.

But no significant changes in sensations to one or another.

· Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After a lot of years shooting with ACE, I bought a pair of HMC (just the short rods).

The first impresion is that the finished of the HMC's is so far better than the ACE and cheaper.

But no significant changes in sensations to one or another.
Thanks Borja1300,
A direct comparison is great!

Anyone else have a comparison to share?
I understand of course, there is much more to stabilization than it's dampening qualities (I think there was a thread earlier that talked about "stiff stabs on soft risers and soft stabs on stiff risers?, and a few other topics).

Any other comparisons, or simply preferences or knowledge about the different construction or quality would be appreciated.

· Registered
968 Posts
Well, from a cost perspective, the HMC wins hands down if you buy from Altservices...

$55.22 for a top of the line stabilizer and $30.29 for a matching extender (in several color choices)? Yes PLEASE! (40" of blue stability is making it's way across the Atlantic as we speak :tongue: Have to match the new riser)

-James

· Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhhh, that's so cool. Thanks, James!!
(need pics when rig is together!)
-Brian

· Registered
882 Posts
i recently got an inno. compard to my x factor it has less vibs and that shot feels better.
i shoot with a tasa with a weight on the back of it and a DAWG kit on the end. i love it

· Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i recently got an inno. compard to my x factor it has less vibs and that shot feels better.
i shoot with a tasa with a weight on the back of it and a DAWG kit on the end. i love it
Thanks so much, Xcreekarchery1, so far I think that's enough and about all I'll get outa this thread.

-Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.