Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
Since I never owned an Elite, it was time to try one :) Purchased the Elite Judge and it is the nicest bow that I owned. Nice grip, great speed, sweet draw cycle I couldn't ask for more

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
buying my first elite this year,. Had a hard time deciding between.
E-500, Synergy, GTO and GT-500.
had a buget and leaning tward the E-500 @ 60#.
Im ready for something new for a while and they look like a comfortable bow to shoot......I guess Ill find out.
look out ol' Tom turkey, your strutting days are numbered!

·
Registered
25,086 Posts
The whole Elite line of bows are top notch. Everybody makes some nice bows out there but with Elite its hard to pick just one. Z 28 doesn't get much smoother than that great hunting bow one of the top in my opinion. The GT 500 one of the best shooting all around bows out there. Great for hunting or 3D. The Elite Judge this is personally the first 6 " brace height bow that I have taken the time to shoot. I have tried others but never have been that interested. This is one sweet shooting bow as well and vary forgiving as well to my surprise. So some have said that after purchasing a Elite bow its hard to not purchase another because the whole line are great shooting bows. They are very smooth and have some nice valley's to them. With a rock solid back wall and no hand shock when they are tested to factory specs. I have not shot one yet myself that had hand shock but then again I make sure they are to spec. The 2010 models with the cam modules for draw length adjustment seem to be smoother than even the 2009 models. Just a great product with great customer service.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I have an gt500 and xlr, I have had both of them for going on 2 years. I plan to keep the xlr for another indoor season after this year and i'm gonna shoot my gt500 this summer for 3d. That is a long time for me to own any bow, I just haven't found anything else that I wanna try. Good speed, smooth and accurate and reliable.

·
Banned
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an gt500 and xlr, I have had both of them for going on 2 years. I plan to keep the xlr for another indoor season after this year and i'm gonna shoot my gt500 this summer for 3d. That is a long time for me to own any bow, I just haven't found anything else that I wanna try. Good speed, smooth and accurate and reliable.
Is there a huge difference between the gt and Xlr? I have not shot the xlr yet only seen ppl shoot it and know how quiet it is.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Is there a huge difference between the gt and Xlr? I have not shot the xlr yet only seen ppl shoot it and know how quiet it is.
the main differance for me is the higher brace height and the setup. I shoot less poundage for indoor and prefer the longer brace height. If I was picking an all around bow it would be the gt500

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,337 Posts
Long time BowTech shooter but had trouble with the Sentinel from the start as it was sent set up wrong from the factory:mad:. Then I had trouble with real earen't shots, and finally got fed up with it and sold it and bought an Elite.

Buddy was shooting his real well winning pro-ams and another friend had won some national championships with is. I shot one and liked it so I bought the GT 500 (09) and my 3D scores climbed immediately. It's not as fast as I thought it might be but I'm shooting a 408 grain arrow 282fps set at 70 and at 29". Not screamin fast but right at the limit for ASA.:wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just received an '09 GT500 from an AT member a couple of weeks ago and can't say enough this bow. It was a huge jump going from a '99 PSE Nova to this bow. Even with just a small stab on this bow (no limb limbsavers) there is zero vibration and recoil. Plus, I'm pretty sure I could hold this bow back for 10-15 minutes.....hey I might try that after work tonight. Plus, the increased speed and subsequent KE is a nice benefit as the second arrow I shot blew thru my aging target in the basement and the older carbon arrow shattered into the concrete wall. :embara:

·
I support BBQ!
995 Posts
Long time BowTech shooter but had trouble with the Sentinel from the start as it was sent set up wrong from the factory:mad:. Then I had trouble with real earen't shots, and finally got fed up with it and sold it and bought an Elite.

Buddy was shooting his real well winning pro-ams and another friend had won some national championships with is. I shot one and liked it so I bought the GT 500 (09) and my 3D scores climbed immediately. It's not as fast as I thought it might be but I'm shooting a 408 grain arrow 282fps set at 70 and at 29". Not screamin fast but right at the limit for ASA.:wink:
Just curious if you have it timed and set properly.....
Mine is 28", 70 lbs, and shoots a 415 grain arrow at 295 fps.......
all I have on the string is the G5 peep and loop.
You may want to check the speed nocks, cam timing, and check out the new tuning video Elite posted on their website.
Maybe you did check those thing and I'm just making a fool of myself!
Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
229 Posts
There are a lot of reason a Bow Shooter would choose something other than the Big Box.

Some will pick something different for the Change of pace. Different Style, Different Cam Systems. Faster Bow.

The ones that end up with an Elite Bow I believe are the one's that read a lot more and pay less attention to Commercials. That is the reason I choose Elite.

I Really haven't heard a Bad Sentence about the Company.

Once I got my hands on one and shot it, Enough said. A thing of Beauty is a Joy forever. Out

Pack

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Quality and built to last, best draw out there on the Z28 ('09 or newer), very high efficiency, best warranty out there, 2-track binary cams, and when you shoot it just feels like perfection :)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
For me:
1. The wall. Elite's wall & hold is just incredible to me. They improved it with the 2010 modular cams.
2. The draw. Nice and smooth.
3. Quality. From the Barnsdale limbs to the great grip, the quality of the bow is top notch.
4. Grip. I love the grip on Elite's riser.
5. Aesthetics. Elite bows just look good!
6. Speed. The bow performs.
7. Ease of tuning. It's a simple system to work on and keep in tune.
8. Company. The present ownership & staff are great people. Makes you feel good to give them your hard earned $$$ in exchange for a great product & service.
9. Warranty. Not that I've had to use it, but it's the best warranty there is, that I am aware of.
10. Durability. I am coming up on 2 years with my GT500. Every time I take it out, I get a smile on my ugly mug when I shoot it. It's just that enjoyable of a shot.

·
Banned
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For me:
1. The wall. Elite's wall & hold is just incredible to me. They improved it with the 2010 modular cams.
2. The draw. Nice and smooth.
3. Quality. From the Barnsdale limbs to the great grip, the quality of the bow is top notch.
4. Grip. I love the grip on Elite's riser.
5. Aesthetics. Elite bows just look good!
6. Speed. The bow performs.
7. Ease of tuning. It's a simple system to work on and keep in tune.
8. Company. The present ownership & staff are great people. Makes you feel good to give them your hard earned $$$ in exchange for a great product & service.
9. Warranty. Not that I've had to use it, but it's the best warranty there is, that I am aware of.
10. Durability. I am coming up on 2 years with my GT500. Every time I take
it out, I get a smile on my ugly mug when I shoot it. It's just that enjoyable of a shot.
I saw that smile when I saw your video you made of you picking up your judge. Same smile I had the first time I shot a elite.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts