Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a phone call at 3:00, its the boss man telling me that if we can not get concrete on friday, that I'm gonna have to work Saturday probably all F'N day. It will be overtime but its still the fact of it being first day, I tried everything possible to get out of it and it just aint gonna happen, guess that is what come with the territory of being a crew leader.........To top it all off our company shuts down COMPLETELY for rifle season:pukey:, and I can't get the first day of archery off.............Just needed to vent alittle, on the brighter side it is work for the state so the pay will be almost enough to get that new bow I've been thinking about for sometime now:wink:

· Registered
5,033 Posts
I get a phone call at 3:00, its the boss man telling me that if we can not get concrete on friday, that I'm gonna have to work Saturday probably all F'N day. It will be overtime but its still the fact of it being first day, I tried everything possible to get out of it and it just aint gonna happen, guess that is what come with the territory of being a crew leader.........To top it all off our company shuts down COMPLETELY for rifle season:pukey:, and I can't get the first day of archery off.............Just needed to vent alittle, on the brighter side it is work for the state so the pay will be almost enough to get that new bow I've been thinking about for sometime now:wink:
Hey be thankful ya got a job....There are tons that are stuggling.

· Registered
1,458 Posts
Cant you guys in PA hunt Sundays?If not that sucks.Your game commission is a joke.

· Registered
244 Posts
I got leave 3 yrs ago for the last 4 days and got really lucky and tagged a 7 point, last year was Afghanistan but got lucky and got R & R for Christmas and tagged a doe in muzzleloader a few days after Christmas and this year we just got back and had our returning leave in Aug. so no chance this year of bow hunting but looks like I'm gonna get it for Christmas so hopefully I get lucky again in muzzleloader I have a 10 year streak going of getting atleast one I don't want to break haha. I'm counting on all of you to show me some nice PA bucks Sat. to keep my spirits up haha.

· Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
U p d a t e

The boss man got concrete for tomorrow....:wink:......You wouldnt believe how many guys that I work with that didnt have to work Sat. that were willing to sit in my stand for me....this included my father........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH come on saturday morning

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.