Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Kitakyushu-shi, Fukuoka-province, Japan.
I am the champion of Target Archery and Field Archery in Fukuoka-province.

Below map describes Kyushu! Kyusyu includes many provinces.

I competed at All-Kyushu Target Archery Championship with my Cougar!!!
This my first competition using Tunsten points on my X-10 arrows.
But. at 50m target... Grouping sucks!!
90m : 52-52-52-56-55-53 320/360
70m : 55-57-56-55-55-58 336/360
50m : 49-55-53-56-57-54 324/360
30m : 59-59-57-59-59-59 352/360 Total 1332
Bad body condition made bad score, but I won my rival, Mr. Fujiyama, ex-champion of this game from Kumamoto-province, he usually makes around 1370 in practice.
The day before this competition, I couldn't sleep, because my passion(greed?) for good score(more than 1370) kept me awake.
Anyway I was sooooo happy to win this game.
Another one good thing on the day was that one compound archer told me he decided to purchase Martin X-cam bow based on my performance. he has been watching me shooting my Cougar fury X-cam, we met at many archery competitions. He used a Ultra-elite on the day, but he will use a Martin soon!!!!

Compound Div Winners, Me and Ms.Taniguchi

Another Single Round on coming Sunday, but it will rain! ShXXX~~t.:confused:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Congratulations. Thanks for the picture and post. Is compound as popular in Japan as here? How many archers competed at the event? Do a lot of women also compete?

Best of luck to you on Sunday.

Shelly

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3drecurve said:
Congratulations. Thanks for the picture and post. Is compound as popular in Japan as here? How many archers competed at the event? Do a lot of women also compete?

Best of luck to you on Sunday.

Shelly
Thanks Shelly,
Compuond is still not so popular in Japan, Young people does Recurve, because all they want is Olypics gold medal.
Bow hunting is banned here also....
10 male Compound archers and 4 female compound archers competed.
Not so many compound archers competed this year, but I had my rival there, just satisfied with competing against him.
Last year, there were around 30 compound archers.
But, around 100 archers were competed in Recurve division, most of them were students.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Another AT member from Japan

Hello to you from a new recurve shooter from Gifu-ken.
I wonder if you have heard of Mr. Yamada from Gifu. I met him the other day and my coach told me he is the Japan National Compound Champ. He said he is the only perfect archer in Japan. I guess that means he shot a 1440 at some point in his career.
Well good luck on Sunday.
Canjapan

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thank you for the additional information. It's always nice to hear about other countries and what is going on. Best of luck to you

Shelly

·
Desert Island Trading Co.
4,759 Posts
Canjapan2003 said:
I wonder if you have heard of Mr. Yamada from Gifu. I met him the other day and my coach told me he is the Japan National Compound Champ. He said he is the only perfect archer in Japan. I guess that means he shot a 1440 at some point in his career.

Canjapan
he must have shot a 120 at 70 meters. no one has ever shot a 1440. the world records are 1402 for womens compound, 1405 for womens recurve, 1379 for mens recurve, and 1415 for mens compound.

perhaps he is perfect indoor, and shot 300.

Hiroshi Yamamoto is famous as an archer from japan. he has made the olympic team for japan since 1984. he shoots nearly perfect also. He rarely has a 9 at 70 meters. Usually its a ten. And he holds a few records here in the US also.

congrats on your win. very impressive.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Canjapan2003 said:
Well good luck on Sunday.
Canjapan
I know Akira Yamada in Kifu-ken, I met him All-Japan indoor and take pictures together.
From left Akira Yamada, Me, and Yumiko Honda(Female Compound Champion and national record holder)
At the all Japan indoor, I could not made better score than him, because I went out for a business trip to Taiwan for a week, and I got back to Japan just a day befor the All-Japan indoor.

He is still good archer, but I don't think he got over the 1400.
His's best score is 1382/1440 in Single Round, and 582/600 at Indoor.
Both men's compound national record of Japan.
I made the same scores to his indoor 582/600 on Feb,11.2006.
http://rambo.metroflex-samurai.com/comp/16.htm

My archery career is two year and 11month now, so I think I have much possibility to win over him sooner or later, even I am a full time worker.
There will be no champion forever...
^__________^;
I think I wll meet him at All-Japan Target Archery Competition.
Yesterday I made 1364.... Currently I made around 1380 in practice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts