Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me but I just found this forum. I suspect a lot of you are also active in the DIY forum so you have likely already seen this but for those who haven't I thought I would share.

The Riser is a 2010 (I think) ShadowCat. The Martin Elite Limbs came off a Rytera Triad. The cams were from an old Scepter IV (I think) I didn't Actually have the X-system mods so I milled out a section from one side and drilled them out so I had both sides for the X-system.

The limbs required some significant mods to fit the new style limb rockers. I had to make a special adapter where the limb bolts go through so that they were a straight through hole and not a slot. The old limbs also used rounded shafts to register into the old limb pockets and the angle of the rockers wasn't correct for the longer limbs so I shimmed them out with a block that sits on the limb rockers. Some creative magic with determining the string lengths and ... IT"S ALIVE!

I'm a finger shooter so I wanted an extra long bow one much longer than anything currently on the market.
ATA = 50"
Draw weight is 48#
Brace 7 7/8"

Attachments

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a finger shooter it is a dream to shoot because it is so much easier to get a smooth release. However I will say that the entire shot seems to take an eternity to complete. It's almost like you can watch the arrow leaving and the bow recoiling and then coming to a stop. slow and methodical and lots of hand shock perfect for an indoor only bow. I haven't actually shot for score with it yet but I anticipate an improvement I seem to be more consistent while shooting it.

·
BOWHUNTING ELITIST
3,655 Posts
holy modifications! that's good work to put all that stuff that ain't made to go together and make it go together :thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Very interesting...
I am a release shooter that loves longer bows..... 50" Wow (now that is really long).

My only concern is the block that sits on the limb rockers. For your safety are your limbs pinned into that block?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very interesting...
I am a release shooter that loves longer bows..... 50" Wow (now that is really long).

My only concern is the block that sits on the limb rockers. For your safety are your limbs pinned into that block?
Good question, Yes if you look at the Elite limbs from Martin they typically have 2 pin mounted half spheres that sit in holes in the underside of the limbs. The limbs normally rocks on those half spheres. In this case I replaced the spheres with just pins that connect the blocks to the limbs. Zero chance for the limbs separating form the blocks.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An update to the the splinched Martin. She got a face lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts