Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a qad drop away on my bow. Checked all my arrows and they've
all got marks on them ffrom the rest.

Season starts next month....what can I do?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had that and changed rests. There is a way to change the timing of the rest to make it go down faster and avoid contact. I just lost confidence in the rest personally. I know its a good rest, lots of people love them. Hopefully you will get someone on here to tell you how to make the adjustment.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had same problem but about 50% of it was my fault so I can't blame the rest. I ended up putting my whisker biscuit back on just because season is too close to keep messing around. QAD will be put back on PROPERLY after the season, just on a different bow haha.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I had the same problem, switched to a Trophy Taker Smackdown and couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
898 Posts
The way you time it is how you tie it in and where you tight it in. I was told to make it drop fast tie it lower like the bottom of ur grip or a lil lower

·
Mark
5,416 Posts
I have Ripcord and had installed at bow shop. zero problems and after 2 years can't say it's ever hit flecthing at least that i'm aware of. QAD makes a very good rest and I think your problem can be resolved by adjusting qad string length and placement. Don't want rest to raise until last 1.5" - 2" of arrow when drawing. Check with qad on internet or email and give them make and model of bow, they should be able to give you good advice.

or Post on AT......"need help with QAD rest setup". or search AT

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
Got a qad drop away on my bow. Checked all my arrows and they've
all got marks on them ffrom the rest.

Season starts next month....what can I do?

i've posted about a dz posts on how to time a qad rest .
cord is clamped about mid handle.....if served in you might want to change it.......but you need it to come to upright postion at the end(1-1 1/2") from wall.

if you have it clamped (qad clamp) loosen the screw so the clamp moves on the string ,but not the cord..it's made like that...
pull the clamp down the string until it cocks ...now cock your bow and look at the timing marks ...the clamp will slide up the cable when you cock.

if timing marks align tighten screw ...if it aligns up past the marks ,slide the clamp ,very little up the string ,until marks align when cocked.....tighten screw .don't "over cock the rest" the marks have to be aligned ......clamp should be (or served) appx. half way down the handle area (appx6") this gives it the right angle to pull the rest to upright postion...
marks will go away.....

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
The launcher should raise to it's maximum height about the last 1" of the draw cycle. If it's coming up sooner than this, it's too soon and you may very well get fletching contact. Raise your clamp (or where it's served in your down cable) slightly a little at a time until the rest isn't coming up until that last 1" of the draw cycle. Don't move it down! For some reason, a lot of people think you move it down to make it drop sooner but it's moving it UP that makes it drop sooner to clear the fletching. It's really a simple fix. My X-Forces are shooting around 340fps and I use QAD's with no isuues at all. Good luck.

Dawg

·
Registered
626 Posts
While messing with the timimg of the drop, I use powder foot spray on my fletchings and my rest to see if there is any contact. Just a tip to help

·
Registered
345 Posts
Also, make sure your no contacting somewhere else like your riser because of the way you have your fletchings pointed. May seem like a bow tuning 101 issue but just make sure you check. It's an awesome rest if installed properly. You'll love it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts