Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen it today on Social Media. I do like it and the price is more doable. Msrp is $350 they said. Id be interested in it, yes alot going on that sight but nothing a side bar wouldnt take care of.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Nice, but really apples and oranges. The Garmin is a single pin sight exactly where you want it to be for that particular shot. If it really does what they claim, it will be a hot item.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
The IQ sight will be on my bow before next season for sure. Affordable option that does what you need. The Garmin is "cool" for sure but who needs all the bells and whistles. For less than half the price I am perfectly fine with deciding what pin to shoot with after knowing the range...lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
For $350, the Garmin would have to be priced at like $1200+ for me to not buy the Garmin. Apples and oranges......the Garmin is years ahead in tech.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I like the IQ better than the Garmin despite the cost. If the battery dies, you still have pins with the IQ. My understanding with the Garmin is that there is no pin with a dead battery. I can't get either one since they are both illegal in Ohio, but the IQ would be my choice if I could use one.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Another very cool product
If not for the Garmin I would be very intetested in it

I think the different price point Presents a great opportunity for those who want similar tech but won’t/can’t spend $1000

I see upside to both products and I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of this style of sight
More companies will try to come up with their own version soon which will be good for those looking for this sort of thing

This has been a cool start to 2018 for archey imo

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Let’s see

IQ sight is a standard multi pin sight with range finder integrated into it, cool

Garmin is a red dot sight with ranging / ballistic computer that once sighted in puts dot in correct position for any range within its capacity

These two sights are not comparable

If garmin was able to price the sight at $400-500 the rest of the high end sight companies would be screwed

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Garmin will function as a multi pin if batteries die per their ATA video
Negative. It will function as a fixed pin if it is unable to pick up range for any reason or you put it on that mode. Otherwise, the battery is needed to project the pins.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I personally don't want a sight housing moving on its own. I don't think it will be a seller. If both priced equally I would go with the IQ.

·
IS IT BOW SEASON YET
1,913 Posts
I can see it now, after 300 hours on stand this sesaon that 220" typical finally steps out. I have been waiting for this moment my whole life, draw back my bow settle the deer in the middle of my new garmin sight hit the button to calculate everything and whats that, nothing is happening. Wait this cant be right!!!!

New topic : ^%$^*((&%$&[email protected]* New [email protected]#$^*&%*) Garmin *&^$$^*( Sight just cost me that buck of 10 life times.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
I can see it now, after 300 hours on stand this sesaon that 220" typical finally steps out. I have been waiting for this moment my whole life, draw back my bow settle the deer in the middle of my new garmin sight hit the button to calculate everything and whats that, nothing is happening. Wait this cant be right!!!!

New topic : ^%$^*((&%$&[email protected]* New [email protected]#$^*&%*) Garmin *&^$$^*( Sight just cost me that buck of 10 life times.
If you don’t replace batteries before the season starts

That’s your own damn fault

1 - 20 of 194 Posts