Archery Talk Forum banner

Allegiance Draw Length Question

1254 18
My AMO draw length is 28.75" so IF I get an Allegiance, what DL bow should I order to make the 28.75" ? Can I go 29" and drop down .25"?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,711 Posts
Jerry-

I've been asking that same question and haven't gotten a reply. One Bowtech rep was honest and admitted he didn't know.

I would really like to shoot the Old Glory @ 30.25" @ 80% but that doesn't look like it can be done.

For your particular question that is the only way it can be if you don't care about the let-off.

· Registered
2,851 Posts
If you get a 29" draw and you can adjust down to 28.75" BUT it will be 65% letoff. If you shoot a loop you can order the 28.5" draw and run a longer loop and have 80% letoff. I guess it all depends on how much letoff. the cams need to be cut draw length specific because the cam could never stop rotating so the draw stop has to stop the cams. Otherwise the cams could go to 100% letoff and would lockout(the bow would need pressed to reset the cams.) I hope this helps. Junkie

· Registered
9,862 Posts
Order the 29 inch cams and put 3 twists in the string. You might even be very close to what you want without twisting the string because they seem to be running spot on AMO length. :)

· Registered
19,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what has been said so far, I think Junkie has the idea. I want 80% let off so it sounds as tho I would have to get the 28.5" DL and that means having to wait, correct? I am normally more up to speed on the newer bows but havent been able to get out to see them this year. Soooooo, with the 28.5" dl bow, how much can I adjust the dl and how will it affect the let off? Am I able to get a 28.75" cam? And yes I shoot a loop but I dont use my hand as my anchor point, I use a kisser, and peep.
No wonder I love the Infinity cams so much :D :p

· Registered
19,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
deerheaven said:
Jerry if there is not a bowtech dealer near by I will send you my bow to Jerryize it................Let me know......................Dave
Shhhh, dont let the secret out ;) :D

· Registered
19,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RPF said:
Is it a sure thing that you can get half inch cams yet I herd they were not available yet.
I dont know :confused:

· Registered
19,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jerry/NJ said:
From what has been said so far, I think Junkie has the idea. I want 80% let off so it sounds as tho I would have to get the 28.5" DL and that means having to wait, correct? I am normally more up to speed on the newer bows but havent been able to get out to see them this year. Soooooo, with the 28.5" dl bow, how much can I adjust the dl and how will it affect the let off? Am I able to get a 28.75" cam? And yes I shoot a loop but I dont use my hand as my anchor point, I use a kisser, and peep.
No wonder I love the Infinity cams so much :D :p
Anyone know???

· Registered
2,851 Posts
No wonder I love the Infinity cams so much
You should be able to set this cam up just like your Infinity cam. It is just that you need to order the cam in the 1/2" lengths. On the I cam you can swap the mods. no different. Junkie

· Registered
1,284 Posts
I was wondering about making a 28 3/4" draw out of a 29 inch Old Glory and be able to keep the 80% letoff myself. I emailed Bowtech R&D but he did not answer me email. I was thinking a couple of twists out of each of the cables and couple of twists added to the string would shorten it up a little bit and might work. Do not know how this will work with the new cams. I know it would work for adjusting draw on the duallys. Anyone played around with twisting the string or untwisting the cables on these new cams yet? I know you are not suppose to twist them more than 2-3 twists....but a little twisting might work?

· Registered
223 Posts
If you alter the cam position via twisting the cable(s), you will also alter the post position, i.e. let-off. So you will never be able to set it at 80% because you are still stopping the cam sooner in the rotation, just the same as moving the let-off post. Yes, it will shorten the DL, but no 80% let-off.

Dual cams rely on stopping against the module with no let-off post, so you still make the rotation to the end, but begins sooner.

· Registered
19,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Todd,

So am I right thinking I cant get the bow in my DL of 28.75" and have 80% let off? :confused: I thought I had this figured out once :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.