Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the last few weeks i cant back out (or tighten) one of my limb bolts. I never had problems with it before but its squeeking and I can only manage a 1/8 or so turn with out feeling like i may strip the allen head.

Ive always backed the locking bolts prior to adjusting. Does anyone know what may be the problem? Should i leave the lock bolt tight and then try to back it off? Should I press it and take the string and cables off to take the stress off the limbs?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Insatiable - Team 14

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've always loosened the limb pocet lock screws prior to adjusting draw weight. don't know why its just locked up! i've got the weight backed down (70 # max) to around 63# and thats what i'll use for hunting this season but i'd still like to be able to adjust the draw weight when tinkering with bhs etc.
insatiable

·
Registered
11,942 Posts
Get yourself a allen socket that fits and use a socket wrench. You'd be amazed how bad allen wrenches (even T handles) are for adjusting those bolts.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
You should take it back to your dealer to document your problem and have him press the bow and take the limbs off before trying to remove the bolt. The barrel nut may be damaged and need replaced if you've been doing a lot of adjustment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.