Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Complaceny Breeds Failure
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally found an Allegiance and should receive it next week. R/H, 80lbs, 30" draw. :D I hope I like it as well as my Switchback, which is going to be hard to beat. I will love the extra fps though.

My question is this. Are there any intricacies to the Allegiance that I should know about? In other words, what have you learned while setting your Allegiance up that may be helpful information for me to know? I plan on adding a Windstalker cable guard and an STS. I haven't decided on a sight or rest yet.

Let me know what you've learned about your Allegiance. The good and the bad.
I look forward to your responses. Thanks in advance. :beer:

NSTRUT

·
32,712 Posts
nstrut said:
Finally found an Allegiance and should receive it next week. R/H, 80lbs, 30" draw. :D I hope I like it as well as my Switchback, which is going to be hard to beat. I will love the extra fps though.

My question is this. Are there any intricacies to the Allegiance that I should know about? In other words, what have you learned while setting your Allegiance up that may be helpful information for me to know? I plan on adding a Windstalker cable guard and an STS. I haven't decided on a sight or rest yet.

Let me know what you've learned about your Allegiance. The good and the bad.
I look forward to your responses. Thanks in advance. :beer:

NSTRUT
Lands to Mergatroid! if you can pull an 80lb Bowtech bow with any ease at all you're a lot better man than I am, Ghunda Din!!! I have my OG set at 55 and I strain a little with it. Mercy, thats got to be a booger! Good luck with it, the Allegiance is a good bow!!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
They need a lot of windage for the rest and sight. My Cj sight is about to fall out of the left side of the mount. By far the best bow I have ever owned.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
I got a 80lber set @ 82.9. I use to pull 74 and I wish I would have gotten a 90lber. :tongue:

Mine is set-up with a Spot-Hogg HoggIt and a Carolina Archery Whisker Buscuit.

SWEET!

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
If I see any of you 80# allegiance shooters out somewhere I will definitely call you sir. :teeth:

·
Registered
780 Posts
You may not like this but..... My Allegiance was set to pull 70.6 lbs/29 inch draw and shot a 350gr arrow at 317 fps. It was pretty radical in the grouping department until I backed it down to 65 lbs where it still shoots between 308 and 312 fps. Lower poundage smoothed out the cam pull and shrunk my groups big time. (Yesterday I ripped up two vanes at 40 yards and thats pretty good for me.) You better be a hoss if you are planning to pull 80 lbs (with almost NO valley) to practice with. I suspect that I could pull 80 too maybe 100 if that P&Y Whitetail was standing there ...but to practice with that bow....would send me out looking for my 7mm08.

Gool luck Samson

SSSSSSSssssnake and the easy pull

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
My recomendations are to shoot the bow as it came from the factory without adding the accessories you listed until you get a good feel for the bow. Center shot should start out around one inch with the nock height set to 90 degrees.

You'll have a great shooting bow!!

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Wusses....

You guys are wusses. 80 lbs. ain't that bad. I'm shooting 70, but I can shoot 100+ arrows at a time w/o fatigue.... boredome... that's another story.

There are quite a few guys on here that shoot 80 lb. Allegiances like TaxLawyer, 330fps is another I think.... there are a few more I'm forgetting about.

Tips.... read the "tuning" forum for tuning tips on the Allegiance. Alot of cam specific stuff. You'll need to read about it b/c with an 80 lb draw you'll probably want to get 80% letoff.... depending on cam position/timing, you may or may not get it w/o tweaking the bow.

Oh yea, like the others have said, you'll need a rest and sights that have alot of windage adjustment b/c the centershot on the Binary cam bows are waaayyy out there. My set up works great (see below).

-ZA206

·
Registered
672 Posts
my advice put a sts on it and ditch the windstalker idea had one on mine before nothing but trouble difficult to tune,heavy,loud....list goes on!- jason

·
Complaceny Breeds Failure
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks

I debated buying this bow, but the deal I got could not be beat. I am expecting the draw cycle not to be as smooth at 80 then it would be at 70. Maybe I'll be shockingly pleased. I already have the Windstalker for it, but I will shoot it a while first and decide whether or not to use it or not. The STS is going on the bow regardless. I have one on my Switchback and really like it. I'll check the tuning section out and keep you posted if I run into problems. Until then, I'll just wait impatiently to get the bow in the mail and keep my fingers crossed that I made the right decision purchasing this bow. Thanks guys!

NSTRUT

·
Registered
193 Posts
Setting up

:angel: The site that has worked the best with this bow is one that has a longer windage bar, Trophy Taker Windage XL is popular at the shop I frequent. Center shot comes at around 7/8" off center, through the button holes, and around 1/4" nock high on the string.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Enjoy and fill us in. Dave Nowlin and of Course Crackers is the man to talk to if you can catch him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts