Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Narrowing down my choices for purchase within next few weeks. I am looking for some input on the Elite lineup, GT500, Z28 and GTO to be exact. I have shot the Allegiance and love it, but I am having trouble getting to my closest Elite dealer (2 hours away) and have not shot the Elites. Is there anyone out there who can give me an honest comparison between the Ally and any of the three Elites listed?

· Registered
3,189 Posts
I had an '06 Ally. Ive got a GTO and GT500 now. Ally was a nice bow. GT500 and GTO have comparable speed. Of the 3 I like the GT500 the best. I'm more consistently accurate with it, and it's the quietest of the 3. No cam lean with the rev. cams.

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Elite vs Allegiance

The Allegiance is a nice feeling bow. I personally like the two track Revolution cam better on the new Elites. Never shot a GTO. My signature will tell you which ones I like.

· Registered
445 Posts
As you can see from my sig I have an Allegiance, great bow and will never part with it. The Elites are good bows and I have not heard much negative other than they are not as fast as listed specifically the GT500, but it's still fast enough by the way. A year or two ago Elite had an E500 that was basically an Allegiance. Cam lean is not an issue with the '08 Alley becasue of the center trac cams.

· Registered
23,399 Posts
I've got an 08 allegiance and an 08 GTO. They're both awesome shooters. i'd say you couldn't really go wrong with either. But do try them both first and get which one feels better. personally I think the GTO has a tad smoother draw, but the Ally is a tad quieter. Really a tough call if you ask me about which one is "better". They're both awesome.

Whichever one you choose you'll get wicked bow.

· Patriot
5,055 Posts
Allegiance or an Elite?

To be fair, I'd say you can't go wrong either way. I have an Elite GT500, and it is the best bow I've ever shot (for me). I've shot the Allegiance, and imo, it is the best non center pivot Bowtech of them all. The GT500 has a very smooth easy draw, no stacking up, and a nice roll into the valley. The Allegiance has a very smooth easy draw (with the smooth mods), and you only have to pull peak weight for a few inches throughout the draw cycle. If you are going to buy new, I'd go with the GT500, since the Allegiance was discontinued by Bowtech (huge mistake, imo). I'd be happy with either one, but the GT500 feels slightly better to me.

· Registered
395 Posts
As you can see from my sig I have an Allegiance, great bow and will never part with it. The Elites are good bows and I have not heard much negative other than they are not as fast as listed specifically the GT500, but it's still fast enough by the way. A year or two ago Elite had an E500 that was basically an Allegiance. Cam lean is not an issue with the '08 Alley becasue of the center trac cams.
Allegiance doesn't have the center track cam:confused:

· Registered
6,430 Posts
Of the bows mentioned... the GTO and alley are more Old school cams and technology compared to the newer GT500 and Z28... If your looking for a great hunting bow, go with the Z28, but if it's an all around bow like for 3/D, spots and hunting.. Go with the GT500... LIke alot have said. the new Revolution cams are smoking nice, Only downfall would be that they are draw specific type cams.. No modules..

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys

:thumbs_up Great input, keep it coming. I'm almost convinced to go with the GT500. Looking at a pretty good deal on one right now, but I need some comparison on smoothness of draw, speed, noise from a few who have shot both and can give an honest comparison.

· Registered
103 Posts
How many hunting movies have you seen has a buck ever jumped the arrow? Your arrow will never break the sound barrier and if the bow is slightly noisy when the buck hears it its to late anyway.

In south Africa we have Impala and Wart hog, these animals will string jump you if your bow is noisy Ive shot both with my GT500 and Ive yet to have one jump me. Why because I have SPEED

· Registered
15 Posts
The Allegiance was probably the best all around bow Bowtech built and it was designed by the same guy designing Elite's now. Thus the comparisons buy most of how similar they are. However the new two track cam is a step up in most opinions. Smoother and less cam lean and also a little more speed. I would recommend the GT500 for all around use to anyone that ask. However if you own an Allegiance or GTO keep shooting them if you are use to them. Not that much difference when price is considered.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.