Archery Talk Forum banner

Allegiance problem

819 4
Hello, I had some new H&M Strings put on saturday at my proshop, and when they were done with the limb bolts tightened all the way the most poundage we could get was 66lbs. They supposedly did a tune up and everything, and they sell a lot of Bowtechs, so you'd think they'd know how to tune Binarys. My question is Could their scale be off? It was an older scale. It does feel like more than 66lbs to me. Would there be any advantages or disadvantages to shooting my bow maxed out a 66lbs? I have no need to up the poundage, but do i need to take it back, and make them add a twist to the cables or whatever it needs to get it up to 70lbs? Thanks!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,098 Posts
My Tribute only maxes at 66 also and it too has new Winners Choice Strings and cables, but it always has never gone over 66, but also its the best shooting bow I currently have so I wouldnt sorry about it. Its also possible the scales were off.

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Hello, I had some new H&M Strings put on saturday at my proshop, and when they were done with the limb bolts tightened all the way the most poundage we could get was 66lbs. They supposedly did a tune up and everything, and they sell a lot of Bowtechs, so you'd think they'd know how to tune Binarys. My question is Could their scale be off? It was an older scale. It does feel like more than 66lbs to me. Would there be any advantages or disadvantages to shooting my bow maxed out a 66lbs? I have no need to up the poundage, but do i need to take it back, and make them add a twist to the cables or whatever it needs to get it up to 70lbs? Thanks!
It takes more than a twist to regain 4 pounds and if they did that poor of a job installing them, I wouldn't put much faith in the "Tune-up" they did either. Have someone watch as you draw and see if the mod stops hit at or very close to the same time. If they do, I'd add 4 twists (too start) to each cables and re-check poundage. You should look into building a drawboard, getting a cheap luggage scale from ebay, and getting a cheap press for this kind of stuff.

Does your draw length feel short too you?

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never done any bow tuning, but i'd love to learn. I've been looking into a press, and scale. The draw length (30") actually feels right. I will have someone watch the mods as i draw it. Thanks again Guys!

· Patriot
5,055 Posts
My Guardian cables stretched after a few months of shooting. I went down to 57.5 lbs. maxed out. I twisted the cables 5 twists, and now I'm back to 62 lbs. maxed out with 60 lb. limbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.