Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Bondhus are really great for the price.

I also really like the pine ridge wrench set.

Both reasonably priced.
I agree with Bondhus, their warranty is hard to beat. Had a folding set for many year, managed to break one of the keys and they replaced it no questions asked. Not only that, they are made right here in the USA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure if they are the best but bondhus hasn’t given me any reason to use anything else. I ordered the 10 piece set, didn’t come with a 5/64, so I had to order it separately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
size size size, is the most important thing. Archers don't turn nearly enough screws for the tools to "wear down"
For SAE, make sure that the set go down to 0.05" (fifty thousandth of an inch), smaller keys are more expensive to make so a lot of sets don't bother.
Metric screws are used less frequently so, look through your equipment to make sure your set contains the ones you need, some tool sets like to skip oddball sizes.

·
Registered
427 Posts
MIP Tools for all the sizes they make (smaller sizes), Wiha for everything else.

Quality sets just have less slop in the screw head, less likely to round em out.

·
Registered
51,092 Posts
Bondus, Pine Ridge(believe they are made by Bondus). Both lifetime warranty. Myself I prefer the t-handle wrenches for bench work. Travel the folding set.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Like other have said, Bonhus is a good brand, I have a couple sets from them. Sears Craftsman (older ones, when they were still made in USA) are good as well, I like that they have a hex on the side of the T as well - I have SAE and Metric and these are my go to's in the garage for heavy work. I use the Bondhus on the indoor workbench for reloading press, gun/rifle/optics, general use, etc.

Easton's Folding Allen wrench's seem to work fine for general bow use, and I've also got a set of Easton Pro Allen wrench's that have a smaller, stubby short side that work great when dealing with cams, adjusting rests, and in general tight places. Not sure who makes them but they are made in USA.

·
Mark
5,688 Posts
Bond hubs ballnose are the ticket!

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
2,731 Posts
bought a set at the dollar store and they have worked quite well

·
Registered
40 Posts
Of the made in USA allen wrenches I have tried, Bondhus and Snapon are very good. Stahlwille and Hazet are German made, Koken Japanese and are all quality. For me their price is reasonable, in the USA maybe they are harder to find and expensive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts