Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never posted much, but have been around the forum a long time. Anyways, thinking about going on a guided gator hunt. Anyone have any outfitter recommendations? Leaning towards Florida, but open to suggestions. Fair chase wild gators only. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Stay in touch with me I will be applying for my annual tags tomorrow and may have a few hunts available depending on how many tags we draw. It is all public land but I can guarantee an opportunity each night at a gator. Some nights we see and get opportunities at hundreds. Check out my thread from last year titled " I shot it with my PSE" Here is a pic of a big one from last year.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just keep in mind that in FL whatever you kill the gator with has to be attached. I'm still debating how smart it is to be attached to a gator that just got shot.

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
kind of off topic, but...

with the oil spill going on, how are things in FL gonna be affected if the flow reaches you guys as far as hunting?

i know fishing may be out of the question, but what about the gators and hunting?

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
688 Posts
kind of off topic, but...

with the oil spill going on, how are things in FL gonna be affected if the flow reaches you guys as far as hunting?

i know fishing may be out of the question, but what about the gators and hunting?
I'm guessing that down in the glades should be ok. The Gulf stream might pull some of the oil around, but I'm guess it won't get into the glades to much. Just have to wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
I wouldn't think the oil spill would affect gator hunting, since gators are a freshwater species.
i see you are from MS....yes, i know that the gators are freshwater, but just thinking about oil coming in from any freshwater source, like rivers or like...just thinking a bit...

I'm guessing that down in the glades should be ok. The Gulf stream might pull some of the oil around, but I'm guess it won't get into the glades to much. Just have to wait and see I guess.
i hope it don't....waiting game is right though...

·
Registered
614 Posts
It would effect where the fresh water tributaries flow into the gulf. How much we dont know yet. Today started the draws so we will see in a couple of weeks who got what. Gators are a lot of fun its dark and prmitive with one of the oldest critters on the planet. WOOO HOOO

·
Registered
539 Posts
http://www.floridagatorhunts.com/

Here is a link to my friends site. If you're interested give him a call. His name is Ryan, great guy and all hunts are videoed. I have known him for a number of years. Tell him Adam referred you to him. I guarantee a good time.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
We got some big ones here in SC as well. No problem to get a 10-15" DYS. Harder to get the tag then the gator.

Good luck & if you have a wife use it as a good excuse to get that .44!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts