Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have the limbs cranked all the way down and am still 2lbs. short of peak weight (70). Any suggestions on how I might get those last two, or possibly more pounds out of the bow? Is it a simple matter of cable twisting? Bow is basically set up from factory, all I have done is sync cams to hit stops simultaneously. This thing shoots lights out and I am quite pleased with it, but I would like to get as much as I can out of it. What do you say?

·
edthearcher
6,455 Posts
OK, so I have the limbs cranked all the way down and am still 2lbs. short of peak weight (70). Any suggestions on how I might get those last two, or possibly more pounds out of the bow? Is it a simple matter of cable twisting? Bow is basically set up from factory, all I have done is sync cams to hit stops simultaneously. This thing shoots lights out and I am quite pleased with it, but I would like to get as much as I can out of it. What do you say?
is this a new bow? 2 things come to mind, string stretch, and scale not right. the others are axle to axle

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
To get your couple pounds back your gonna have to twist up the Buss and the control equal amounts to get it back up there. Then go back and time the cams.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, for the record, 2 scales within 3/10 lb. Easton digital (5 draw avg.) and a Pelouze digital on my drawboard. String is shot in, most definitely, but axle length is within 1/16". May try and give the buss and control cables a couple of twists and see what happens, thanks.......................

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
a bow will usually loose a couple of pounds when the draw length is shortened, if your 28 or less is a strong possiblity thats were is is coming from, i personally wouldnt worry about it,, strings and cable changes will often bring a change

1 - 6 of 6 Posts