Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a recent convert to rubber boots, specifically the Alpha Burleys.

I'm wearing an uninsulated pair right now.

I want to get an insulated pair for colder weather.

My question concerns the size. Should I get the same size in insulated as I wear in the non insulated?

Does Lacrosse compensate for the insulation making the fit the same in both?

Thanks for your anticipated help.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
get the same size as you would uninsulated unless you wanna wear a few pairs of wool socks...Flingr

·
Registered
284 Posts
I bought mine a half size bigger as I "only" got the 800s. I work outside all winter long standing still and with a pair of wool sock my feet do not get cold. I also have fairly poor circulation. I went and tried them on with the socks I was going to wear. When I bought them they were a little tight, but they will break in and if they fit perfect when you buy em they will be loose after they break in. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I bought a pair and worn them for the first time yesterday. I bought the 1000gram Burly Sports. I usually take a 10.5 shoe but I bought 11 so I can get sock on too, worked for me so far!

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
When it's really cold (freezing or almost ) my Alpha Burly 800gran Sports shrink up some. They are 3 years old and well broken in. Fit fine with thick socks until the really cold days sooooo........I gotta get a bigger pair.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've got the uninsulated ones and love mine! I just got the brand new ones that are full camo, and they are definately one of the more comfortable pair of boots I've ever had on my feet, and most definately the most comfortable rubber boot I've had on my feet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts