Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've finally assembled myself an Alphaburner with 6.0 cams (27" DL, 70# DW). Having found several topics about shims here on AT, I now have 2 same thickness plastic shims on top cam:
IMG_20130812_231105.jpg

And, as per advice on AT, I've shimmed bottom cam all the way to the cable slide, i.e. one tiny shim on the right side, and one tiny + 2 medium shims on string side:
IMG_20130812_231124.jpg

I have also served the buss yoke like this to be able to adjust it a bit:
IMG_20130812_231249.jpg

My question is: I want to install a Tilt Tamer on this bow (really liked it on an Assassin), but all the bows I can try with flex slides and alike have bottom cams shimmed way to the LEFT, i.e. to the string side. I've seen DNA, Insanity, Invasion, Supra. Opposite to what I have now. Should I do the same or can I, assuming close to 0 cam lean at full draw with Tilt-Tamer, shim the bottom cam to centre, same as top and forget it? What would be your advice? I would also like to go back to a floating yoke on top cam.

Thank you.

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Leave it alone and Install the Tilt tamer.

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Burners came even shims on top and on the bottom thick left thin right...were you having issues of some sort?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually bottom cam now has quite a \ look to it at full draw.. Can you please share your shim config for bottom cam. I assume it is stock? Thank you.

Burners came even shims on top and on the bottom thick left thin right...were you having issues of some sort?

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Actually bottom cam now has quite a \ look to it at full draw.. Can you please share your shim config for bottom cam. I assume it is stock? Thank you.
Yoke tune that to get some of the cam lean out, personally I've fund Hoyt's like a LITTLE bit of cam lean on the top

1 - 6 of 6 Posts