Archery Talk Forum banner

alphaburner crack in finish

728 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  stillrunnin
anyone had the prob with the finish with small cracks in the camo does not look like its deep
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6,833 Posts
Don't know about the Burner but the I looked at a CRX today and out of the 4 that they had I wouldn't pay $800 for any of them. Finish is terrible, looks like a third grader dipped them. Fan boys won't like it but man Hoyt has an issue with their finishes this year.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Agree with mez completely. I have a last years Carbon Matrix with APG and it is still flawless after hunts in the mountains, badlands, prairies and woods. Was going to purchase a new Element this year and canned it. The camo Hoyt finishes in general are not very crisp or distinct this year and the black on the carbon seems to have too much air in the paint creating micro type bubbles in the finished surface. I've been to 3 different pro shops and all there carbon bows in stock look poorly and this simply indicates something has happened in their manufacturing film dipping and painting processes. I can't believe this happened with Hoyt and will not lay out that kind of money for their top of the line bows that have an inferior finish. There are simply too many good products out there today to purchase a bow with less then impeccable quality. Hoyt is better then this!

· Registered
3,557 Posts
The finish on this one is perfection. If I buy a camo bow, it's to hunt, not win a fashion contest. My Element has a thin finish in spots, but I really don't care because its performance makes up for it tenfold. My gf's CRX blackout also has a perfect finish.

· Registered
6,098 Posts
That pretty commnon on a Hoyt bow, I had a Maxxis that was the same way and heard of many others having the issue. Mine were what looked like hairline fractures in the finish, atleast it all stayed on and didnt chip and peep like I saw other do. I seen someones Maxxis on here that the bow was just white, all the finish had just feel off

· Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
interesting i was wondering if the warranty would cover it but does not look like its cracked the riser just looks like the finish i dont really want to take it back since i got 300 of of retail for it. looks like a crack in a glass with black stuff under it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.