Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just changed the cams on my Alphaburner. I put the 7.5 spiral cams( I had 7.0 before) to get my 28.5 draw length.
I installed the new strings that came with and found that the draw weight has increased.

Is it normal ???

thanks for helping me

Will

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Yes, it's normal. Not with all cam changes, but if you move into another "cam family" then it will change the DW.

Here's the AB tune chart.... http://www.hoyt.com/assets/tune_charts/2011-Hoyt-AlphaBurner.pdf

You'll notice that the cam sizes are grouped into families, denoted by different colors in the rows. And that any in the same family use the same string and cable lengths, and they also use the same deflection limbs. You just happened to move to the next family going from a 7.0 to a 7.5 cam size is all. If you went to 6.5 or 6.0 it would have stayed the same and the harnessing lengths would have stayed the same.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks
But on the limbs, the specs are for 28.5 draw length. So it is supposed to be the good limbs
Where can I look to verify the limbs number

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I had the exact problem. My 60# limbs are pulling 65 lbs even backed out 2 full turns. I need 74 deflection limbs to correct it. I also have a 28.5 cam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts