Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fellas...........after completing my vertical draw board, I find out that my maximum poundage was under #60 by slightly over #2.

When I get my 'Burner back in spec' via Hoyt's Tuning Charts, I am down to #56 with the limbs bottomed out.

Current XT2000 Limb Specifications = 84 Deflection

Spiral X Cam = 6.5

Draw Length = 27.5"

I found some XT2000 Limbs with 92 Deflection.

Any ideas on maximum weight gain??

Thank You.....

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
You'd gain roughly 4 pounds.

You can get that weight back, though, without changing limbs. Just set the bow to DL and DW and let the specs fall where they may. They don't really matter at all anyway.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....ok Buster.....more curious than anything else......I can add twists to the buss cable [yoke] to gain weight, then add twist to the string to get the DL back to 27.5"

....my first vertical draw board....a must when tuning your bows!!!

....the Coffey Digital Scale I had was reading +2lbs over....fooled me.....I got a simple analog weigh scale and checked it against my Moultrie Digital Scale and both are within 0.1 lbs.

.....I had, initially setup the 'Burner to "what I thought" was #60 @27.5 DL, the ATA = 34", BH = 6"

....per Hoyt's tuning chart, when I setup ATA = 34 & 1/4", BH = 5 & 7/8" I get #56

so.....is the efficiency of the bow lost or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK.....finally....many twists later!!

Draw Weight = #60.2
Draw Length = 27.5"
A-T-A = 33 & 7/8"
BH = 6 & 1/8"

......kinda cool.....being able to work on my own bows......having the vertical draw board has really helped......looks like the Tilt Tamer got rid of the cam lean!! A lot easier to see on the draw board......now to check on the nock travel.....

Thank you Buster.....you just saved me around $120!!!!!.....where do I send the check??......:wink::cool:

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
OK.....finally....many twists later!!

Draw Weight = #60.2
Draw Length = 27.5"
A-T-A = 33 & 7/8"
BH = 6 & 1/8"

......kinda cool.....being able to work on my own bows......having the vertical draw board has really helped......looks like the Tilt Tamer got rid of the cam lean!! A lot easier to see on the draw board......now to check on the nock travel.....

Thank you Buster.....you just saved me around $120!!!!!.....where do I send the check??......:wink::cool:
Forget the check....I only take cash. :lol:

·
The Foam Collector
2,323 Posts
Show us you draw board man!

·
Registered
426 Posts
i just put some 106 deflection limbs on a 29in alphaburner and the 86 deflections made the draw 70lbs @ 29inches. last night i thought i strung it wrong somehow but gave a pull today and got it back feels like 90lbs. I'll have to check it and get back to you all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts