Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put a new string on shot about two weeks now i went to paper tune was having a bad tear got it to shoot a bullet hole with fletched and un fletched arrows. only problem is it looks to far towards riser my broadheads barely get clerence. but they fly straight i dont think rest was that far in before what do you think

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did that the only way i could completly get good flight is by moving the rest in a little . i reset centershot and to yoke tune it to bullet hole the cam lean looked horrable. the rest is a limbdriver pro v

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
i did that the only way i could completly get good flight is by moving the rest in a little . i reset centershot and to yoke tune it to bullet hole the cam lean looked horrable. the rest is a limbdriver pro v
XT2000 limbs in parallel configuration = lots of limb twist = you need cam lean. Set your centershot to exactly 13/16", set your nocking point to 1/8" high and tune the yokes.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay so your saying the cam lean is suppose to look horrable i will give it a try tomorrow night

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any body else to chime in

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you're way in towards the riser you might be shooting too weak of an arrow. That's how mine was when I was underspined. With properly spined arrows I'm right at 13/16 centershot.

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
I am 13/16" zero cam lean at static and full draw...bullet holes baby, tilt tamer....

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How does the tilt tamer work also I have been shooting same spline arrows since I got bow 2.5 years ago with no problem till I changed the string

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ray..if you layed an arrow along side of the top cam on a burner, where should the tip of the arrow cross in reference of the string. That might help for a starting point.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
On my burner, without the tilt tamer, arrow tip was 3/8 past the string to get bareshafts together. With the tilt tamer, it's about 1/16th

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You lay a arrow on the cam and how did you measure how it went past the string

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay got it set about 3/4 center shot then yoked tune can lean is not pretty but shooting bullet holes and broad heads fly with field tips

1 - 19 of 19 Posts