Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new alpamax 32 a couple weeks ago and it tuned very easy right off the bat. 62# 27" .340 CARBONS. I was even bare shafting through paper like a hole punch. All of a sudden it throwing hard left tears. A bare shaft will tear like 5" left from 10ft. I have to move the rest all the way into the riser to half way get it better. I looked at the upper Cam and it looks like the string is track way off the left if you draw it. When I look down on top of the cam I can clearly see the string is not running straight . It turns out of the cam. Why would this happen all of a sudden. Is the string that bad that comes on this bow? You can push on the individual limbs and really move that cam around. Its definitely not straight.

·
Registered
340 Posts
32 alpha max

call viscosity bow strings.brian has been around hoyts forever.you can reach him @ tee pee archery @978-501-6210.tell him bert told you to call.he does all my strings!!!

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
If you have access to a press can you add some twists to the left leg of the yoke to eliminate the lean? I recently installed some new strings on my AM35 and couldn't get rid of a small right tear to save my life. I call myself a pretty good bowsmitty too!

I went back and forth with this thing, moved rest, walk back tuned, checked for clearance, broadhead tuned and nothing worked. I was ready to check into a psych ward somewhere.

Finally it dawned on me to check the top cam to see if it was in line with the bottom one. 2 twists in the right yoke leg and BAM, first shot through paper was a bullet hole, next one the same. Quick windage adjustment on my sight and then sent a Muzzy MX4 right into the dot from 40 yards.

This is all with a floating yoke too.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Take it back

Dude, take it back to the pro-shop if thats where you bought it? specially since its not that old. its got to be under warranty still for sure. get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
agreed

If you have access to a press can you add some twists to the left leg of the yoke to eliminate the lean? I recently installed some new strings on my AM35 and couldn't get rid of a small right tear to save my life. I call myself a pretty good bowsmitty too!

I went back and forth with this thing, moved rest, walk back tuned, checked for clearance, broadhead tuned and nothing worked. I was ready to check into a psych ward somewhere.

Finally it dawned on me to check the top cam to see if it was in line with the bottom one. 2 twists in the right yoke leg and BAM, first shot through paper was a bullet hole, next one the same. Quick windage adjustment on my sight and then sent a Muzzy MX4 right into the dot from 40 yards.

This is all with a floating yoke too.
My new string and cables on my A/M 35 was giving me cam lean, and would not tune so I gave the right side some love and now shes shooting laser beams, I would call the dealer though if it all happened at once. Some thing is very wrong and it most likley needs warranty repair !! It is a bummer that you have to do now during the hunting season but brother dont wait and dont try quick fixes as they can lead to more trouble and more questions that you wont have answers for. Good luck:darkbeer:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
took it to the shop and they tied off the floating yoke. a couple twists in the right side trued it up. Im definitely gonna change strings after the season.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This bow is jacked up. Super hard left tear no matter what I do. Back to the shop I go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts