Archery Talk Forum banner

AlphaMax 32 shooters- please advise...

521 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  MOBOW#1
Looking to get into an AM32 (especially after seeing the total black-out bow posted today)

I want this to be a super smooth, quiet bow for deer hunting (stand & blind) 30 yards or less. Will be shooting broadheads only from this bow.

I already have a speed bow. My question is, with a 300-350 grain arrow on a 60 lb AM32 at maximum DW (not a 70 backed down), what speeds can I expect to be shooting?

Will be outfitted with a dropaway, d-loop, Winners Choice & peep (no tube). DL is 28.5"

Thank you!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,588 Posts
I'll guess

AM32 60#er maxed at say 62#, 350g arrow, 28.5" will get you about 285 - 290

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow!

Thanks guys, that is faster than I thought!!!

I have not shot the 60 just the 70.

Any handshock on the 60?

I am looking for a smooth easy drawing fast & accurate bow. Looks like this may be the one.

Thanks again.

-Jeff

· Registered
1,830 Posts
With a 350gr arrow I'd be guessing around 285fps.... personally for hunting I'd fling around 375gr arrow with that setup as you'd pickup some kinetic energy and still be buzzing along at around 274fps which is still quite fast. As for quietness you're looking for, you may as well be ready to modify or change out the string stop as that's likely where you'll find some noise generated. They're too hard in my opinion and I just slipped the rubber end off a softer STS that I had over the stock one and it made a big difference in reducing the noise.

Anyways, wish you the best with the setup and I've really been enjoying shooting mine and can't wait for season to come around. :)

· Registered
8,628 Posts
I am getting 294 out of my 32 with a 28.5 dl. My arrows are acc 3-49's and 100gr tips with blazers, my arrow weighing right at 373 gr. I'm shooting a #3 cam in the B slot. Love the performance of this setup.

· Banned
3,502 Posts
Thanks guys, that is faster than I thought!!!

I have not shot the 60 just the 70.

Any handshock on the 60?

I am looking for a smooth easy drawing fast & accurate bow. Looks like this may be the one.

Thanks again.

-Jeff
If there is any hand shock I would say not set up right!!! Love mine..............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.