Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking for a little help and info. I have a hoyt alphamax 35 with #2 cams. It has the 29" draw module on it, but even with some twist in the cables it still only measures 28&3/4". It feels a little short for me. I was wondering if I got the #3 cams, would the string and cables still work or not?
Are the limbs the same with either cam? Is there any tricks to doing the swap? Thanks in advance for your help.
Chad

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys thats kinda what I was figuring but not what I was hoping. The limbs are the same though, right?

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Thanks for the help guys thats kinda what I was figuring but not what I was hoping. The limbs are the same though, right?

The limbs have a stiffer deflection with the # 2 cams so you will gain a little draw weight with the switch. Alot of guys have done the switch and it doesn't seem to be a problem so you should be OK. It does make for a smoother draw but set at the same poundage you will lose a few fps.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I gained 10lbs on mine, so I changed it back and sold it. I am waiting on a new one with #3 cams either in an Alphamax 35 or a Maxxis 35. The draw is much smoother and it was only 3-4fps slower set at the same poundage. I just didn't want a 84lb bow.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will gaining the extra poundage be hard on the limbs? I guess i can back them out to what it is now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts