Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i purchased a Alpha-Max 35 last week. I went with the #3 cam... Here's my dilemma. I can shoot a 29, but I had thought 29.5 felt good too. I opted with the 29.5. Did I loose effency and speed by not going with the #2 cam maxed at 29?

I'm a new Hoyt shooter. I have shot another brand for the last 8 years and I am not familiar with Hoyt and the functionality of the different cams and such.

Does anybody have any numbers or statistics to show the benifit of either?

Thanks..

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would say you maybe lost 5fps going with the #3 cam at 29.5 vs. the #2 at 29 but the #3 will be a smoother draw and bigger valley in my opinion. I was in the same boat when I bought my 35 and liked the #3 better even though it was about 5fps. slower. I cant remember exactly what it was for sure but around 5fps.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say you maybe lost 5fps going with the #3 cam at 29.5 vs. the #2 at 29 but the #3 will be a smoother draw and bigger valley in my opinion. I was in the same boat when I bought my 35 and liked the #3 better even though it was about 5fps. slower. I cant remember exactly what it was for sure but around 5fps.
Right... Ok well thats not to bad. Nothing noticable anyway. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
That goes against the theory that longer draw gives higher speed...That is it about the #3 cam?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Is it a #2 vs #3 cam with speed or does it have to do with the mods, closer to max equals more speed less valley?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts