Archery Talk Forum banner

Alphamax creaking noise

2231 Views 16 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  fingershooters
My new alphamax 32 is making a creaking noise when I draw it back. I'm not sure where the noise is coming from. I already talk to the dealer and he has not seen any issues with the bows he sold so far. He told me to bring it in and he would take care of it. It does'nt make the noise every time. Any one seen or heard of this before. It's set up at 29DL at 70lbs. Thanks
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Am32

I've got the Bone Collector set up the same as you and mine is quiet as a chuch mouse

· Registered
1,895 Posts
my guess is a limb pocket or bad bushing in one of the cams. Hoyt will stand behind it whatever it is. You should have no worries.

· Registered
47,636 Posts
It makes the noise the first draw, right? And it won't do it again unless it sits for at least a few minutes or longer. Right? If those are both "yes" then it just needs the rockers cleaned and a tiny bit of grease of wiped on them before putting the limbs back against them. Your dealer won't even need to break it all the way down. Just remove the harnessing and shift the limbs in the pockets enough to get to the rockers. No biggie.

If it wasn't yes to the above two points and it just creaks whenever it feels like it, then it's probably because the spacers are dry. Fellow above mentioned that and how to take care of it.

It's a typical thing if you own enough Hoyts. It's trying to talk to you and tell you it needs cleaned and lubed properly. That's all. :D

· Registered
9,057 Posts
Buster...

It makes the noise the first draw, right? And it won't do it again unless it sits for at least a few minutes or longer. Right? If those are both "yes" then it just needs the rockers cleaned and a tiny bit of grease of wiped on them before putting the limbs back against them. Your dealer won't even need to break it all the way down. Just remove the harnessing and shift the limbs in the pockets enough to get to the rockers. No biggie.

If it wasn't yes to the above two points and it just creaks whenever it feels like it, then it's probably because the spacers are dry. Fellow above mentioned that and how to take care of it.

It's a typical thing if you own enough Hoyts. It's trying to talk to you and tell you it needs cleaned and lubed properly. That's all. :D
You beat me to it.

· Registered
6,497 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

Take it to your local dealer it does not have enough grease in the limb pockets I had the same problem and this is what Hoyt recomended to take it to your dealer and have them take it apart and put more lube or grease what ever you want to call it. Mine doesnt make a sound know it is as quit as a church mouse.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

· Registered
156 Posts
I have read all of these threads about the creak noise in the top limbs. I have had mine apart 4 times, cleaned and lubed, still creaks, every shot. If I pull it back then let it down it wont creak till it has been shot. Any Ideas. Its been lubed with never seize, synthetic grease twice and I tried tri flo the last time. Other than this problem I love this bow.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
I had a buddy with a 08 bow (forget what brand) they tightened the crap out of the allen screws on the cams, it was doing the same thing yours sounds like. Just trying to help.

· Registered
156 Posts
I pulled the top cam off cleaned and lubed everything there also. Were the limbs set in the pockets I can see there is movement cause there are spots were the paint wore off. I have lubed everything that touches anything VERY WELL.:confused:

· Registered
192 Posts
Just to let you know I had the same little creaking noise on the draw, I mentioned it to my dealer and we agreed to get a closer look but I told him I would shoot it for a while. Well after shooting it for 3 months I have to say it has disappeared and the bow is shooting great. So don't be too hasty and let things work in. Unless it's opening season then it could be an issue.

Dan.:wink:

· Registered
156 Posts
I have been shooting this everyday since Thanksgiving, keep hoping it will go away. Im not discouraged any, the bow shoots great.

· Registered
157 Posts
limb creak

I have had several bows that creak. This has worked for me every time. Turn turn bow riser down both cams up. Cover the entire limbpocket with baking soda. The distal edge of the actual limbs is where the noise is coming from, so it make take a little to work it. After covered with powder turn bow upsidedown(if top limb is creaking) top cam bottom bottom to to top. Start drawing bow back, level and at downward angle, several times. Dust off, hopefully good to go.

· Registered
1,836 Posts
I have had several bows that creak. This has worked for me every time. Turn turn bow riser down both cams up. Cover the entire limbpocket with baking soda. The distal edge of the actual limbs is where the noise is coming from, so it make take a little to work it. After covered with powder turn bow upsidedown(if top limb is creaking) top cam bottom bottom to to top. Start drawing bow back, level and at downward angle, several times. Dust off, hopefully good to go.
What ??? :crazy: Did anyone understand this or is it just me? :dontknow:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.