Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its not a real big deal but every bolt I have to put my sight on my AM32 is to big for the hole in my AM32 did anyone else have this problem? Where can I get this bolt? I have tried three different bolts from other bows and none worked!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The bolt size is standard. There may be some of the camo (or black) dip in the threads. You may need to run a tap in to clean them.

·
BOWFITTERS...PRO TUNER...
3,228 Posts
the sight holes are standard and should work with the screws that came with the sight..... do you have the right screws????....... new one on me.....:confused:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
The bolt size is standard. There may be some of the camo (or black) dip in the threads. You may need to run a tap in to clean them.
If you just got the bow I would suspect that there is some paint in the threads. I had the same problem with my berger hole bolt and after the dealer ran a tap through it to clear the dip out of the way it was fine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
there is paint in the hole you need to run a tap threw the hole its a 8-32 or a 10-32 tap ? hope this helps

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yeah I agree something inside the hole probably. Montana Black Gold, Hogg, and Sword all fit mine with the screws they come with. Good luck and hope you get it shooting soon, you will be very pleased with your AM.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Had to run a tap through the hole where the rest mounts on mine to get the bolt in. It had a little of the "dip" inside the thread holes, no big deal to fix.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys problem fixed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts