Archery Talk Forum banner

Alpine Archery quality/performance.

8662 Views 23 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Metal Mick
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience shooting bows from Alpine Archery? I want to buy the Silverado Nitrous in Skulz camo pattern. My other choice is the Bowtech Captain. Which one is the better choice? Any input would be deeply appreciated?

May God Bless!

Ed
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad I asked first. That many problems with Alpine Archery bows?

May God bless!

Ed

· Registered
12,598 Posts
I shot an Alpine Ventura target model for a year or so and can say it was a first-rate bow. I doubt you'll really see any more problems with Alpine then any other brand. In fact, they've been around far longer then most companies and make a darn good product. I've actually considered going back to the Ventura in a hunting model. Great shooting bow.

G

·
I use them and have for year we have the best service and the best bow out there in my mind of course...we have had lots of winners and lots of shooters who are very happy.

· Registered
1,326 Posts
Alpine makes some top quality bows. They have had a lot of success on the tournament circuit in the past couple years.

· Registered
2,259 Posts
Go with Alpine, top rate company with excellent customer service. I shoot a 2009 Alpine Sabre and love it. In a few weeks I will be buying my daughter a 2010 Alpine Micro Stalker. I have been shooting Alpines since 2005, Trust me they have some great bows.

· Registered
12,940 Posts
alpine makes top notch goods and the CS can't be beat ... One of the most underrated bows out there. They have been around a long time

· Registered
2,514 Posts
I have been shooting them for over 10 years and never have had one problem with the quality of the bows. It the arrow did not hit the gold or the game it was me and not the bow. The current line up for 2010 was just outstanding. I just wish I was not on a fixed SS income and could get a new one. The one I am shooting is over 3 years old and have taken a lot of 3D score and also some great hunts. I also shoot all year long, I keep it out in my garage, as I work around the house and shoot maybe 30 arrows and then go on to the next honey job jar.

· Registered
484 Posts
I have a 2009 Sabre, great bow and the only time I have had a problem it has be the because of me not not the bow. These things are dead easy to tune and shoot great. Have no idea why some people insist on saying that alpine are trouble prone

· Registered
720 Posts
i traded for a sabre and the bottom limb broke while setting it up. I called their CS and low and behold my bow was fixed with NO COST to me . The only cost was shipping it to them. The bow is now tuned with new limbs, string/cables and shoots like a dream. Kind of hard to knock CS on a second hand bow. Turn around time was about 3 weeks but again it was NO COST. RR

G

·
I hope that cleaned up that issue ..Alpine All the way.... We are a great little company with great products. and great people...who shoot them

· Registered
13,895 Posts
I have the same bow in my shop, that you want to buy, I have sold 7 Alpine bows in the last 2 weeks, 3 Venturas, 1 Nitrous, 1 Match Grade, 1 Seinna Target Model..

It is un beliveable how easy these bows tune, I have eyballed every rest set the nock square and shot bullets first time out, the grip is designed in a way that you can not torque the bow...

The customer service is top notch, they are all about the customers, Check out the 2011 line up, very impressive

http://alpinearchery.com/downloads/2011_ALPINE_CATALOG%20web.pdf

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience shooting bows from Alpine Archery? I want to buy the Silverado Nitrous in Skulz camo pattern. My other choice is the Bowtech Captain. Which one is the better choice? Any input would be deeply appreciated?

May God Bless!

Ed

· Registered
2,217 Posts
I have shot the ventura, they are a great shooting bow, and by far the easiest tuning bow ive ever owned. Very smooth, with good speed.

· Registered
22,948 Posts
I have 3 Alpines, Silverado Ventura, Jim Shockey No Guff, & Concord Great bow great CS, Good pricing, Good preforming bows, Bow Tech is a good bow also BUT they have had there problems also. You won't go wrong with an Alpine.

· Registered
2,772 Posts
I shot alpine for years with extreme success and happiness. Never an issue with them at all. Outstanding shooters. I still have yet to find a bow that I shoot as accurate and consistent as a match grade silverado alpine I owned.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.