Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this same thread in the Bowhunting Showcase by accident. Mods feel free to remove that one.

Can anybody give me a review of this bow?

Draw cycle?

Speed?

Shootability?

Forgiveness?

They look like a really nice bow, never shot one. Shot with a guy at 3d Nationals that shot one and he seemed to shoot well with it and really like it.

Just wondering what the general opinion is on them?

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,019 Posts
i've shot a few of them. draw cycle is smooth,back wall is a little on the soft side,speed is slow by todays standards around 305 at 29",the grip is comfortable except for some sharp edges on the front of the riser,almost bought one until i took a closer look at the finish on the riser. it's poorly powder coated ,not anodized.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've shot a few of them. draw cycle is smooth,back wall is a little on the soft side,speed is slow by todays standards around 305 at 29",the grip is comfortable except for some sharp edges on the front of the riser,almost bought one until i took a closer look at the finish on the riser. it's poorly powder coated ,not anodized.
Interesting.

What is an average price for one?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
According to the catalog the Ventura at 30" draw will get 324 fps, this is with the regular size velocite cam and the mini velocite cam at 29" will get 310 fps. Thinking about getting one myself. The velocite cam new this year has an adjustable draw stop that provides a solid back wall. I think the Ventura Target is one of the best looking bows I have seen.
Carroll :)

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to the catalog the Ventura at 30" draw will get 324 fps, this is with the regular size velocite cam and the mini velocite cam at 29" will get 310 fps. Thinking about getting one myself. The velocite cam new this year has an adjustable draw stop that provides a solid back wall. I think the Ventura Target is one of the best looking bows I have seen.
Carroll :)
It is definitely a looker!

I wish I could shoot one just to develop a good opinion of one!

·
Banned
3,019 Posts
just like most manufactures that don't reach the advertised i.b.o speeds. i shot a ventura thru a chrono ,61 lbs. 29" draw with a loaded string it went 305.2 fps with a 301 grn. v force hv. they are not a fast bow

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
305 at 61lbs is pretty good. The draw cycle and valley are really nice compared to some of the "speed bows". I have owned a couple of them and would give up a little speed for more comfort. I'm getting old and tore up. Can't hold like I used to.

Can't beat their customer service and their pay out for amatuers at bigger shoots.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Alpine makes good bows, as do all companies today, but alpine is often overlooked. Alpine has a good contigency program for their shooters. Look up Bout on hear when I talked to him he was very helpful. I love the specs of this bow and with the specs it should be a good bow. I have shoot the Alpine Silverado and it held dead on, I would not expect anything different with the ventura target. Good Luck andhope you do great with whatever you get.

G

·
Here is my set up

for ASA I shot
Ventura 64 lbs
410 gr X cutters
283fps.
That was good enofe for 2 top ten in ASA (K45)

My fita/ field bow
59lbs
370 gr
275 fps
Good enofe for 3 gold metals in the world police and fire games.

MY PAPER bow
Ventura
54lbs
triple x with 150grains in front

Good enofe for 3rd in Vegas and 3rd in South Dakota
1st at Prestlys

Our bows are fast and stable and we have the best service out there.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i got a 09 ventura about three week,s ago and this is a great bow it is not a speed burner but get,s the job done.this bow is not for the person who likes a harsh draw or stiff back wall. it is almost like a single cam when you draw it back.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
3rd in vegas? what class?
Freestyle Bowhunter was it not Chris?

These bows are very underrated to say the least. You can not go wrong with one.

G

·
Money Bowhunter Freestyle

I was in the shoot off .......
The year before I won Bowhunter Freestyle at Louisville KY tieing the National record. 600 with 118 X

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Now if we could just teach Chris to shoot Back-tension, he would be a force to be reckoned with!:mg:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
An easy bow to shoot well with ATA and brace height. I'm shooting the Shockey with 312 grains and 27.5" mods at 60#, 452X - 24 strands and getting 290 fps.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I am not sure what some are talking about in this thread.

My ventura has a great finish, a DEAD SET wall, fantastic speed and holds VERY well.

Setup:
Ventura
54lbs
31"
385 grain 30X pro
281fps.

Shot in 4 ASA's ( First Season)
2 1st place finishes
1 2nd
1 4th

Also set the SC state indoor record with one :)

I'd say they shoot just fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I won the 2009 jim shocky bow at a local bow shoot was really excited about it at first... only shot the bow about 50 times and the serving on every part of the string started to almost unravel and stretch... decent shooting bow no complaints their. I live in close to were they are built so I went in to have them help me get it set up and their customer service was a little week. almost had an attitude like i was an inconvenience. At the shoot that I got the bow they said that they would trade out the limbs for 60lbs instead of 70lbs. when I went I tried to trade them out for their black 60 lbs limbs wouldn't have been a problem but they ended up charging me 90 for the limbs. I went ahead and bought a new 08 commander love it...

·
Banned
3,019 Posts
i can make that 08' commander an even sweeter shooting machine ,pm me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts