1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
871 Posts
that,s a shame they are very well made. i was thinking about getting one but no one want,s to work on them.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
There already is, Oneida Archery, and as far as i know they were the first to use this style of bow. Could be wrong though. but yes there already is and has always been another company that made bows like this.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sorry but incorrect.

CP Oneida Eagle Bows, the current mfr of the "Oneida" bows, never made a camless bow and they are not the same company that did. Oneida Eagle Bows did... very briefly. Pollington bought the company for pennies out of bancruptcy about 10 years ago and continued to produce bows based on the cam and timing system that had been in use since the early 80's on thru to today. All their patents expired in 2003 however. Firebrand Technologies was started by the former owner of Oneida Eagle bows and they tried to produce the camless bow but never solved it's inherent issues. they were never very successful and most of the bows eventually failed.

Monster solved those issues and produced bows for many years with an excellent track record. Unfortunately, the current economic state made life difficult for a small mfr like us and hard decisions had to be made. I have been approached by a few companies but only time will tell where the camless lever bow configuration will go.

I have made arrangements with 5150/Gulfcoast Archery to supply parts, support, and service if needed for our bows so that all of our past customers still have someone to turn to if they feel the need to. Some of the upgrade parts that I had been working on will also be available from 5150. I just really wanted to make sure, as much as possible, that nobody was left high & dry by this. I've had a lot of customers over the years and many/most are now my friends as well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By private message, I've been told that several companies are working on cam-less bow designs.

Looking forward to seeing beautiful bows.

William

·
Registered
18,460 Posts
Sad to see. I thought about buying one on numerous occasions, wish I could have shot one. Something different is always appealing to me. Hope someone picks them up...

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Sad they are having to close. Competition is something that makes companies try harder to keep their products more innovated. Though a smaller market it has its place Lever Action Type Bows.

LFM

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Dang it. Sorry to hear that.
No joke, last night I was looking through the MBI website wondering if I ordered a Dragon in Predator camo if I could have it before season.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Closing

Damn shame this is, anytime an archery Mfg closes due to the economy etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts