Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently shoot the Athens Testament, NSX cams. I like the bow....Company treated me very well on a damaged limb (Warrenty) from a bow that I bought used from AT.

The draw cycle is a little rough for me. Had the chance to shoot an Altitude a couple weeks ago and the upgrade was very apparent. Smooth cycle, comfortable hold, felt very balanced at full draw....All of this with a DL that is about 1" too long for me.

2019 will be the year of the new bow......

At this point I am considering the Altitude or one of the Prime Centergy offerings .

Altitude:

ATA: 33.125"
BH: 5.875"
Weight: 4.5 lbs

Prime Centergy:

ATA 33.25"
BH: 6.5"
Weight: 4.3 lbs

Prime Hybrid Centergy:

ATA: 35.25"
BH: 6"
Weight: 4.5"

My initial impression on just the listed specs...Altitude rides somewhere between the two Prime offerings. Altitude gets a little extra speed with the shorter BH while keeping the ATA shorter. My DL is 28.5, so the longer ATA on the Hybrid is probably not going to offer much in terms of better balance.

I'm a hunter....I shoot 3D foam targets once a year...

The marketing budget of Prime seems to be a little bigger than Athens...The hoop-la on the technology sounds enticing, but maybe the Altitude was a bit ahead of the curve on this?

How often does Athens change the line-up...Altitude came out in 2016? I might miss the bus if they switch it up for the 2019 line-up?

·
Registered
578 Posts
They haven't really told any of us that I know of about any plans on new bows.... Thats usually kind of kept under wraps. The Altitude is a shooter for sure, if you are close to a dealer I wouldn't rule out any of the other offerings from Athens as well. My wife shoots an Altitude so I have shot it quite a bit helping tune etc, even though the DL is to short for me I love the way it holds and you dont notice the short brace height it seems to still be a very forgiving bow. As for me I shoot the Revelation 7 for hunting and then I also have a Judgement and the Ascent set up for target. They are all super smooth drawing, hold very well with an amazing back wall due to the limb stops and they all shoot with speed. I cant say enough about the company either, they are great people and are always there to help however they can! If you have any other questions let me know!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They haven't really told any of us that I know of about any plans on new bows.... Thats usually kind of kept under wraps. The Altitude is a shooter for sure, if you are close to a dealer I wouldn't rule out any of the other offerings from Athens as well. My wife shoots an Altitude so I have shot it quite a bit helping tune etc, even though the DL is to short for me I love the way it holds and you dont notice the short brace height it seems to still be a very forgiving bow. As for me I shoot the Revelation 7 for hunting and then I also have a Judgement and the Ascent set up for target. They are all super smooth drawing, hold very well with an amazing back wall due to the limb stops and they all shoot with speed. I cant say enough about the company either, they are great people and are always there to help however they can! If you have any other questions let me know!
Thanks!

Completely understand keeping that under wraps. Folks tend to hold on current purchases in anticipation of shiny new toys. Plus, the marketing advantage is big.

Unfortunately, there is no dealer near me so getting my hands on the other offerings is difficult.

I have heard very positive reviews on the Rev 7. What would be your take on the pros/cons vs the altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts