Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Hamskea Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps some of you guys with the arrow selection software can help my brother-in-law out. He's looking for an aluminum shaft (X7, XX78 or XX75) for 3D and wants to be in the 5 grain per pound range using a Mathews Q2XL at 62# with a 28" arrow. He would like to use 2.3" DuraVane 3D vanes and glue in points. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
352 Posts
It's tough getting alum. down to five grains without getting underspined or making them tough to tune. An X7 2212 with a 70 grain nibb point should weigh out around 330-340 grains and would probably shoot around 280 fps with that bow. I shot that same arrow a few years back with good results. Bad part is they are expensive and don't take much abuse.

· Registered
196 Posts
I shot 2212's at +/- 26" and 68-70 lbs for a very long time. They shot really good, however chase is right, they don't take much abuse. If you are shooting four shot groups of 3" or less, you should not shoot more than one or two arrows at a single bullseye.

As far as cost effectiveness goes, I found it much cheaper to shoot these arrows than any carbons. The consistency of easton aluminum is unmatched by any carbon arrow, so you know that you will get 12 shooters out of each dozen. (unlike some more expensive all carbons where you are lucky to get eight good arrows per dozen) 3d shooting is very hard on your arrows anyway, and you will damage alot of arrows no matter what. It is alot easier to throw away arrows that are $50 per dozen than it is to throw out an acc or all carbon that costs you $8 or $10 each. Long story short, I would buy 18 arrows at the beginning of each summer, and fletch them up as I needed them(the points and nocks are re-usable) and always had 5 or 6 left over for the next year.

G

·
TAP is just like the DeereMan...

...he is OUTSTANDING in his "field":D ...now come on TAPPPER...it's been 45 minutes and you have not put up the numbers yet for this man's selection...come on TAP...show us the digits!!!:) ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.