Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i know i'm sure you've heard it before, aluminum or carbon? I am currently shooting 29" aluminums. I shot my friends carbons yesterday and had less drop but, i am wondering whether it will fly completely different when i put broadheads on and will the drop be more with aluminum or carbon? Im shooting 100gr. Thunderheads. Any help will be great

·
Registered
123 Posts
Depending what weight carbons you are shooting will determine the amount of drop. My vote is for carbons. They are much more durable. No bending and it takes a lot to damage/break them. Watch the classifieds on the forum for some great deals on them. I don't think you will be disappointed.
mxdkfreestyle13 said:
Yes i know i'm sure you've heard it before, aluminum or carbon? I am currently shooting 29" aluminums. I shot my friends carbons yesterday and had less drop but, i am wondering whether it will fly completely different when i put broadheads on and will the drop be more with aluminum or carbon? Im shooting 100gr. Thunderheads. Any help will be great

·
Registered
726 Posts
I realize that I am in the minority but, I went back to aluminum from carbon. An xx78 aluminum shaft is straighter or as straight as any carbon shaft. Granted, a carbon shaft is lighter and more duriable. As long as you aren't shooting into trees or bouncing them off the ground, an alumnium shaft will last as long as carbon. In addition, you can get twice as many aluminum arrows for less than half the price of carbons. Speed and shooting flat is overrated (IMO). Stick with the aluminum shafts if they are shooting good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My opinion i could be wrong

I have shot both the carbon is more durable but I liked shootin the aluminum shafts seemed to group better... either way is a good way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts