Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Here is my thread about my aluminum tree stand. And yes it is based off a Lone Wolf Alpha's dimensions. As of right now it is still in build mode, and I will update this as I go along.

Here is the platform and seat:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

On the money side I have $135 invested. $75 on material, $40 on parts from LW, and $20 on straps and hardware.

The staps I bought come 4 to a pack. So I'm goin to make one into an accessory belt using some "S" style carabiners. And I all show this to y'all as well when I get the carabiners.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Looks good so far. I like that it has a big seat. Some stands are just o small for my butt

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks. The seat is about 14x9.5.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Only suggestion I would make is to move the cable attachment clips closer to the front of the stand to support that amount of material sticking out unsupported. Otherwise the stand looks solid!!!! Keep posting pictures, looks goooooooood.

·
Registered
38 Posts
DONT MOVE YOUR CABLE ATTACHMENT POINTS OUT FARTHER, the closer to the tree, the more "pinch" you'll get. And you know as well as I do. More pinch is better! Maybe add some teeth to the part that touches the tree? I can punch out some 1/8" 6061 T6 pieces for you really cheep if you want.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Offset bracket, versa buttons, and cables.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys here's an update on the stand.

It's operational and has a little more to do to be field ready. Here's some pics:
image.jpg
image.jpg

What is left is obviously paint, injecting foam in the tubing to quite it, and find a cushion and shoulder straps.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Let me know if you need some cushion material. I sell and convert all kinds of foam on daily basis and can send you some as needed. No $$$ needed.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
This is a very nice project. If you cannot find anyone to stitch a cover for the seat give the dimensions including the thickness.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Make sure you put some type of grip tape on the platform. That aluminum will be awfully slippery with wet boots.
Yeah I goin to rhino line it. They have it in rattle can form at O'Reillys and Ill just use it on the top half of the platform. Trying not to add weight.

I did find one flaw in it though. The seat post isn't strong enough to support the seats leveler bolt. It started to to push in the tubing but I came up with solution for it already.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Might be a silly question but why not just buy the LW stand and eliminate the hassle?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks great instead of paint, polish!:cool: Oh sorry trucker side coming out. :wink: For traction on the deck would some small strips of expanded alum. work?

·
Registered
13,419 Posts
nice work I have built a couple, also good craftsmanship bro,, sometimes just pride killing a deer out of a stand you made with your own two hands

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 33 Posts