Archery Talk Forum banner

Always Look before you SHOOT!

2558 48
We have alot of cats and we keep catfood on our porch and every night a possum comes on our porch and eats the food. I decided (after i was told not to) that i was going to watch for and shoot it with my bow (Martin Cheetah) and that was going to be the end of that possum:tongue:. So i look out my front door and there it is ( it 9 o clock at night) and went around and snuck out my back door through the garage and i was going to sneak up on my porch and shoot it. well my porch is about ten yards long, so i thought it was perfect i could just shoot it with my ten yard pin.anyways i got up there and shot it and after that i saw sparks and i heard a loud CRACK!!:wink: My arrow had went through the possum and shoot into my neighboors carport!DAMMIT!:embara::sad::cry::cry:so i went around and was pumped about the dead possum, but then i noticed my arrow stickin out of there carport.:confused:I decided to wait till morning and go tell them. They are old so when i told them they said it was ok and they gave me a hug and everybody was okay in the end.:wink: This is a lesson for me and i thank GOD i didnt hit there car parked under there. i hope this is a lesson for all of you to always look behind what you are shooting at.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I have a skunk that keeps coming in my yard every night and digging up the grubs. He is ripping our yard to shreads and we just planted new grass this year. I am going to shoot him tonight but I have several neighbors that I will be sure to watch out for. At least you got the possum population taken care of. Good Work

· Registered
2,526 Posts
Don't feel bad

- shot my neighbors right rear tire on his Toyota Camry

- shot my 06 Toyota Tundra (arrow went through garage door, thank heavens it hit the plastic bumper strip)

Could have happened to anybody:)

· Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I have a skunk that keeps coming in my yard every night and digging up the grubs. He is ripping our yard to shreads and we just planted new grass this year. I am going to shoot him tonight but I have several neighbors that I will be sure to watch out for. At least you got the possum population taken care of. Good Work
You might want to get some Grubex because if the skunk doesnt kill your grass the grubs will. I got experience in that department.

· Registered
2,845 Posts
You might want to get some Grubex because if the skunk doesnt kill your grass the grubs will. I got experience in that department.

I think I would worry more about a wounded skunk spraying up the area and his neighbor's forming a lynch mob cause of it :rolleyes:

· Registered
4,250 Posts
I guess I was the only one who laughed so far! I can't help it thinking about those dang animals. Accidents are sometimes funny. If you can't laugh about it then try not to be such a grownup - ya know?
I really thought you were going to tell us that you didn't look before you shot, and it was one of the cats!!! Now that would have been funny...sorry

· Registered
2,611 Posts
I really thought you were going to tell us that you didn't look before you shot, and it was one of the cats!!! Now that would have been funny...sorry
That was the punch line I was expecting too.

:ROFLMAO:

· RuffLight and Bsquare
16,940 Posts
I hate it when carports and Toyota's jump in front of my arrow!

Rocketman!!!!!Seriously...you've hit two vehicles!
You aren't a rocket scientist are you?

Now watch...I'll go hit the neighbors house!:eek:

· Registered
11,771 Posts
This type stuff is why I don't shoot at my house anymore, its just not worth the potential danger. Someone said they hit the 2nd story of their neighbors house, dang that is flat scary if that happened what if they had a window open??? Just not worth it IMHO...'94

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.