Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been torn between these 2 bows for a couple of weeks how about we get some people to post some pics of your firecats and am's i know it wont help me choose :shade:

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
shoot them both, I am a fan of the Firecat. Just cant enough good about the bow.

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
I would love to post pics of my AM 32 but the system won't let me!!:angry:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i am leaning towards the firecat it is lighter,faster,cheaper and i really like martin.i havent even shot the am32 yet but i keep seeing pics on here and everyone talking about how good it is and i do have to admit it is very sexy to look at but their website does not do it justice:shade:

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
the Am32 is nice but doesnt compare to the Firecat. then the Warthog blows them both away if you dont mind 35" ata.

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
I bought a Firecat without trying one and needless to say did not have it long. I just did not like that bow and the feel of it was not for me. I then bought a Katera because that bow felt better to me than any bow I have ever shot. Now the AM comes out and I like that one even a little better than my kat. What am I trying to say. . . . . you really need to shoot them both first.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
I bought a Firecat without trying one and needless to say did not have it long. I just did not like that bow and the feel of it was not for me. I then bought a Katera because that bow felt better to me than any bow I have ever shot. Now the AM comes out and I like that one even a little better than my kat. What am I trying to say. . . . . you really need to shoot them both first.
I agree 100%. I know Hoyt shooters that are now switching to Martin Firecac from the Katera. its all about what you like.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i will shoot the am32 i looked at it last time i was at the shop.he didnt have any martins there at the time but i did shoot the 08 firecat and slayer i liked the firecat way better.the slayer it had a harsh draw lots of handshock to me if the warthog has changed any of that i would like to get it

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
The wart hog changed all that extreamly quiet no hand shock the harsh draw is how the cams were set up you can have them that way or a much smoother draw the cat cams are verry adjustable.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I own a Firecat and have shot the AM32 and I would buy the Firecat again. I thought the AM32 had alot of vibration, but I have shot one that was set up since and it was alot better than the test bow I shot. I think the Firecat is still the better way to go. You will be happy with the firecat and so will your wallet. Goodluck

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
well i am leaning towards the firecat it is lighter,faster,cheaper and i really like martin.i havent even shot the am32 yet but i keep seeing pics on here and everyone talking about how good it is and i do have to admit it is very sexy to look at but their website does not do it justice:shade:
I would shoot the bows side by side and through the chrono. The firecat may be rated faster but i never could get one to shoot faster than my tribute and my am32 is faster than my tribute, way quieter, and deader in the hand. And did i say lighter. Weigh both the bows with a scale you will also be surprized the weight of the two bows when real world comparisons are made.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
I would shoot the bows side by side and through the chrono. The firecat may be rated faster but i never could get one to shoot faster than my tribute and my am32 is faster than my tribute, way quieter, and deader in the hand. And did i say lighter. Weigh both the bows with a scale you will also be surprized the weight of the two bows when real world comparisons are made.
Its not the bows fault that you dont know how to tune it. Ive tuned 5 that get over the Ibo rating. Had no problem with.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Its not the bows fault that you dont know how to tune it. Ive tuned 5 that get over the Ibo rating. Had no problem with.
Thats funny i don't know how to tune a bow. Have you ever seen a tribute do over 330? My alphamax would do over 310 with a bare string and 308 as it sits loaded down. I spent a couple hours comparing at 27.5" draw and it never came closer than about 8 fps. Sorry i guess i just don't know bows very well ;)

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Thats funny i don't know how to tune a bow. Have you ever seen a tribute do over 330? My alphamax would do over 310 with a bare string and 308 as it sits loaded down. I spent a couple hours comparing at 27.5" draw and it never came closer than about 8 fps. Sorry i guess i just don't know bows very well ;)
Didnt say bows so get over it. That doesnt mean that you understand the cat cam. I had my slayer shooting 324 fps 28" 58# 307grn arrow do the math. the best I got a fire cat was 318 same setup.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Didnt say bows so get over it. That doesnt mean that you understand the cat cam. I had my slayer shooting 324 fps 28" 58# 307grn arrow do the math. the best I got a fire cat was 318 same setup.
Please send me a pm and tell me what i did wrong. I think i tried all the different cam rotations and timing i could with the stock set of strings. most with half turns in the string. Maybe the two or three i played with just were bad ones.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
pm sent. I do not like the draw with them shooting that fast.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I agree 100%. I know Hoyt shooters that are now switching to Martin Firecat from the Katera. its all about what you like.
Seems I'm one of them, but got to tune that firecat!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well it sounds like the cat cams just have to have someone who knows what they are doing set them up maybe that is what was wrong with the slayer i shot i just pulled it out of the box at the shop and shot it but it also sounds nice that they are so adjustable what about the hoyt cams are they as versatile

1 - 20 of 32 Posts