Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Not new here just dont post very often. I got a question about the Hoyt Alphamax 32. Is it normal to have a spongy back wall? Also the one I shot wanted to rip your arm off if you just thought about creeping. Im looking for a new bow and I am really looking for a smooth drawing machine. The am32 has a great draw and dead shot. Just that sponge and "rapid release" deal. Could it have been improperly set up by the shop? Thanks alot just wondering. Also any Smooth bows that you could suggest?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Hello everyone. Not new here just dont post very often. I got a question about the Hoyt Alphamax 32. Is it normal to have a spongy back wall? Also the one I shot wanted to rip your arm off if you just thought about creeping. Im looking for a new bow and I am really looking for a smooth drawing machine. The am32 has a great draw and dead shot. Just that sponge and "rapid release" deal. Could it have been improperly set up by the shop? Thanks alot just wondering. Also any Smooth bows that you could suggest?
That AM you r shooting is way off in sync. Tell your dealer to sync the cams together and u will see a gigantic difference.
That spongy backwall and ripping arm off, you are describing is cause by one of the draw stops hitting the cables first and the other stop is trying to get to where it needs to go. Hope this helps.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Have them time the cams and you will buy it in about five minutes, and love it!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Your AM probably does need a little work, and should be fine once the cams are in sync. If you are looking for comparison, try the Admiral from Bowtech. I shot one today at my local shop and was blown away. Rock solid back wall, easy to hold and dead after the shot. I usually shoot mathews and hoyt, but have recently been going out of the box a little trying different things. I have to say I was really impressed with this piece.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts