Archery Talk Forum banner

AM 35 Help...

870 Views 22 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Big Ragu
I have on order a Alphamax 35 with a black riser and Camo limbs and I'm looking to order some strings for it. I was talking it over with some of my buddies and we were looking at all sorts of string combinations and twisting them together and seeing what looked good together. One of them jokingly said Pink and Teal and we tried it and it look pretty cool. My issue is having pink on anything is kind of weird and shouldn't be done on a guys bow. On the other hand no one else would have it and I want something that pops on my AM, because with a black bow you some times want it to pop a little. I'm just looking for your input. I will not be offended if you give me a suggestion, that is why I'm posting this. I'm looking for suggestions or what you think of the Pink and Teal combo. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,165 Posts
red/black...red/silver....flor green/black.....sunset orange/silver...flor purple/flor. green

· Registered
714 Posts
i dont understand why people buy a new bow and first thing they do is take the factroy strings and cables off???
thats somthing i wouldnt even worry about untill you wear out the first set.

· Registered
51 Posts
Yea your crazy

I don't know about you but the amount of crap I would have to hear from friends, family, and people I don't even know would not let me put pink on my bow:teeth:. On the other hand if your like 6 foot 9 inches tall and weigh about 280 and like to whoop up on some folks it might be a great idea.:angry:

................................Roby....................................

· Registered
2,592 Posts
i dont understand why people buy a new bow and first thing they do is take the factroy strings and cables off???
thats somthing i wouldnt even worry about untill you wear out the first set.
I do it with every bow, reason is most factory strings tend to creep quite a bit. I know the fuse strings do, and when I tune my bow I want it to stay that way and not have to go back and tweek things, so I use a nice set of custom strings set it and forget it. Plus a nice set of strings will get a few more fps out of the bow. Also custom strings look better :tongue:

I used Reg Green/Black on my 32 and it looks great :thumbs_up

· Registered
630 Posts
Bright Yellow with the teal
That's what I put on my Captains.
If you have the #2 Cams, I have a brand new set (never installed) of ProStrings in Teal and Silver for that bow. Hoyt changed me over to #3 cams and these won't fit now. They're yours for $45. Cost me $85.

· Registered
3,588 Posts
ok

I'll bite......Fugly :pukey: having a hard time imagining that combo but hay maybe its cool.

Thats just my opinion, you like it, slap em on.

I like toned down colors.

· Registered
630 Posts
No one has given me there opinion the Pink and Teal yet, I would like to know if I'm crazy for thinking about putting them on a bow.
As long as you're secure with your manhood!
Be ready for phrases like------- Girlie-Man, In touch with your feminine side, Boy named Sue, etc.....:D
It does make an interesting combination.

· Registered
4,165 Posts
Get what you want. Who cares who doesn't like it. Just outshoot them. I remmeber getting crap for shooting pink blazers. Till I won a state shoot with them!

· Registered
4,165 Posts
Thanks for the Ideas and opinions guys.
I see you said the bow is "ordered". Your going to LOVE THIS DAMN BOW. I went with the 32. I usually go with the XL model but this time I just feel in love with the 32.

· Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"I see you said the bow is "ordered". Your going to LOVE THIS DAMN BOW. I went with the 32. I usually go with the XL model but this time I just feel in love with the 32."

I had to go with the Am 35 because I have a long Draw length. I fell in love with it right away, but the dealer that I'm buying it from didn't have any 70 LBS left so we had to order one. It should be here in three weeks or so.

Teal would look sweet and that seems to be one of the main colors that I have been going back to.

· Registered
Rytera Nemesis, Easton Pro Hunters, Muzzy 3 blade, tru-Ball hinge release.
2,119 Posts
Yo

"I see you said the bow is "ordered". Your going to LOVE THIS DAMN BOW. I went with the 32. I usually go with the XL model but this time I just feel in love with the 32."

I had to go with the Am 35 because I have a long Draw length. I fell in love with it right away, but the dealer that I'm buying it from didn't have any 70 LBS left so we had to order one. It should be here in three weeks or so.

Teal would look sweet and that seems to be one of the main colors that I have been going back to.
PINK I MIGHT HAVE KNOWN!!!!!! but wasnt sure,you got the panties to match.....LOL...The cool thing is any coler combo will look cool on that bow,Great shooting the other day.:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.