Archery Talk Forum banner

AM 35 Hunting arrow?

443 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  BigDaddy1975
Ok guys just wondering what you guys would suggest for hunting arrows for the AM35. Not partial to brand. My setup will be

Am35 set @70lbs with 27.5 draw with 27 inch shafts and 100grn points.

Leaning towards CE maxima hunters? Ant thoughts. Thanks
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,565 Posts
Easton ST Axis 340's? How long? I don't know. The new arrows are very tough. SRM

EDIT- Oh, 27' inch shafts. I think you will be good to go.

· Registered
13,543 Posts
I would go with Easton Axis as well.

· Registered
2,847 Posts
I have used the Axis for a few years, and just started shooting the CE Maxima's a couple months ago. They are great arrows - fly like darts. They are lighter than the Axis and are larger in diameter. So I would suspect they are not going to penetrate quite as well. Probably no issue on deer and antelope, but I am having trouble talking myself into trying the light fast arrow on elk.

· Registered
2,048 Posts
N Fused

I like the Easton N Fused ST Epic 340. A little larger diameter than the Axis and a little less expensive, but the Elk don't seem to notice!:wink:

· Registered
1,268 Posts
ACC Pro Hunters

Fingers take a look at the ACC Pro Hunters I shoot them the other week and liked the way that they are constructed and how tight the tolerances are. Even if you pick the Axis you won't be disappointed. I will be buying the ProHunters when I get my AM 35 in hopefully May. :darkbeer:

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Doing quite well with Gold Tip Pro Hardwoods 75/95's (475 grains-274 fps) and Carbon Express Terminator Lite Hunter 6075's (442 grains-125 grain tip- 287 fps) (415 grains-100 grain tip- 300 fps)

All fly great...(CE TLH's 442 grains-125 grain tip- 287 fps) the most accurate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.