Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I alone when I say I'd like to see more "mid range" cams?

What I'd like to see is a CMOS 5 Mp sensor camera that runs on AA batteries and costs somewhere around $100-150. I don't need video or multi-shot or any of the other features that seem to be getting added to the new cameras being released. I guess what I'm saying is I'd rather see fewer frills with a lower price. As a technology matures, isn't price supposed to come down? I fear that the vendors are making up for this by embedding more useless "features", IMO.

I guess I can stick with home brews which have better image quality anyways.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Homebrews have my vote! I'm not going back to off the shelf cams.

I got a old digital moultrie cam and a 35mm stealth cam I need to find something to do with. I may be able to tie them together and make a good boat anchor.........

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Homebrews have my vote!
where are you getting your parts (sensors etc) from these days? All my old sources seem to have dried up.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
awesome! Thanks for that!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have used the Snapshot Sniper board in all of my builds so far. I have used the bf outdoors slave board but due to certain circumstances I will not be using bf outdoors any longer. I think I may try the Simple Sniper board on my next build. Gary at Snapshot sniper has been real helpful answering all my beginner questions. Cant leave out the guys here too, that have helped me out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts