Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bow with it's split limbs peaked out at 72 pounds new, it has 70 pound limbs and the man at the shop said it is common to get a few more pounds out of them.. With the new Vapor Trails string on it I am getting 75 pounds out of it and it is shooting great... Am I asking for trouble with it a full 5 pounds more then it says, 3 pounds more then it was new?? Just don't want any problems with it this season, a limb breaking on it would be a very bad thing.. Thanks for any help..

·
Registered
103 Posts
on my Pse Carrera, it was supposed to be a 60 to 70 pound and i ended up shooting it at 76 pounds when it was bottomed out, ive been shooting it for 4 years and i didnt have any trouble with it yet, it was like that from the factory

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have my limbs screwed all the way down and the guy at the shop said I was pulling 74 lbs before I put on my winners choice strings. I haven't had any problems to date and it's been 1.5 yrs since I changed strings. So, I don't see any reason for concern. I hope the bow company has already taken this into account and built a quality product that can take a few extra pounds. JMHO.:wink:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I have had 70# ers come in well over 80 # before, I never worried about limbs breaking once, the limbs they make today will take it imo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts