Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short, the past couple of practice sessions, I think I am seeing some wobble from my arrows, however, when I go to remove them from the target they are all in perfectly straight. I am shooting 125 grain heads, on a 29" Carbon Tech Cheetah Hunter 55/80 arrow (.300 spine) with (3) 2" Blazers, Bohning Signature series nock and the standard insert that comes with them.

Now, when I slapped on a 100 grain head just for kicks I didn't seem to notice any wobbling, but I also only took a few shots with them, didn't do any real extensive testing.

Am I going nuts and the corkscrewing is just an optical illusion, or is it possible for corkscrewing arrows to enter the target perfectly straight? :confused:

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
if your broadheads are hitting with field points you have:

1. done so much and am so anxious for deer season you are subconsciencely trying to find something to tinker with...or

2. paying too much attention to your arrows

guy sunday said he saw some wobble in his arrows...asked if I would look..

"sure...ummm...Okay....270+ fps, arrows are straight as all get out in the target...broadheads hitting dead on with field points...sorry dude, no wobble there" :)

funny you bring that up :)

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jose Boudreaux said:
if your broadheads are hitting with field points you have:

1. done so much and am so anxious for deer season you are subconsciencely trying to find something to tinker with...or

2. paying too much attention to your arrows

Man, I think BOTH of your answers hit the nail on the head lol. I am sighted in and everything is good to go so all that's left to do now is just shoot and get more proficient. As for watching the arrows, ever since the first time I noticed the "wobble" I have been paying a lot more attention to them :confused:

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
your like a dude hitting a 2" circle at 80 yards asking if his form is OK...

>JB viewing target with arrows..<

"Yeh man, your form is fine." :tongue:

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm something alright lol :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts