Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always used the NEW tab which we still currently have but I have been paying attention and noticed when I hit the NEW tab, I never see the classifieds as they did before... I have to go in and filter threw the forum options and drill down. Am I right about this or am I just missing this? This was bread and better to find deals, now she appears to be gone!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
You are 100 percent right. I was thinking the same thing yesterday and was going to make a post. Hopefully it comes back. It is PIA going through all the classifieds.

·
Slinging Arrows
671 Posts
Just noticed it too! Actually, I like it better than seeing a full page of classifieds when browsing. Now if they can get rid of the topics from 10 years ago on boosting posts, Ill be a happy camper.

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just noticed it too! Actually, I like it better than seeing a full page of classifieds when browsing. Now if they can get rid of the topics from 10 years ago on boosting posts, Ill be a happy camper.
Anything new should be on here not just classifieds or general discussions. I don't need to see 100 broad heads don't hit with field points or single pin verses multi threads so nobody is going to get exactly what they want. If its new it should get posted. Far more people are here to buy and sell IMO.

·
Slinging Arrows
671 Posts
Anything new should be on here not just classifieds or general discussions. I don't need to see 100 broad heads don't hit with field points or single pin verses multi threads so nobody is going to get exactly what they want. If its new it should get posted. Far more people are here to buy and sell IMO.
The sale items wouldn't bother me as much as long as they get rid of those annoying boost your posts topics from 10 years ago.

Reactions: OCHO505

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'd love a feature that would allow you to mark threads "never show again". After a few days of clicking I'd be a happy man...

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just sucks every time you post an item unless people go into the classifieds its getting way less views than before! Big downer between this and the loss of feedback!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Use the advanced search feature to limit to Classifieds (or its sub forums), and restrict the calendar dates. A little more work intensive, but suffices.

·
I'm nicer than I appear
7,995 Posts
It's sad. I've been a member since 2004 and have literally bought and sold hundreds of random stuff that popped up in the daily check. Now I'm seeing no classifieds adds, less members, and the same political posts every day.
I'm also checking in less and less, I suspect most are doing the same. I predict the slow death of AT coming. Sad.

Bring back what worked people. You're killing this site in the name of "progess"

Reactions: OCHO505

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
It's the new Facebook of archery.......it stinks.

·
Registered
17,400 Posts
That sure putting it mildly!

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's sad. I've been a member since 2004 and have literally bought and sold hundreds of random stuff that popped up in the daily check. Now I'm seeing no classifieds adds, less members, and the same political posts every day.
I'm also checking in less and less, I suspect most are doing the same. I predict the slow death of AT coming. Sad.

Bring back what worked people. You're killing this site in the name of "progess"
Agree I am on less and less and I just pop on for a few instead of strolling around for hours like before. I don't even understand why thee is 2 General Discussions? One you can post and the other I have no permissions?

It's apparent the classifieds having to be looked up is affecting the sales and postings. Its not often you see the bow page not change over night or more than like 5 bows added in a day which is what is currently at. I don't even think most people know how to track down some areas they used to frequent. Sad!

·
I'm nicer than I appear
7,995 Posts
Agree I am on less and less and I just pop on for a few instead of strolling around for hours like before. I don't even understand why thee is 2 General Discussions? One you can post and the other I have no permissions?

It's apparent the classifieds having to be looked up is affecting the sales and postings. Its not often you see the bow page not change over night or more than like 5 bows added in a day which is what is currently at. I don't even think most people know how to track down some areas they used to frequent. Sad!
I was told yesterday that we have "new owners"? You would think they would want to boost participation, not decrease it.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
But you better thank the lord you can see 20 game forum bumps in a row. You know the good stuff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts