Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Elite Victory 37
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a MR6. Love the feel of the bow. Set to 70 and draws/holds/releases beautiful. I am usually a 27.5”-28” draw on most bows. This one is a 28” and I know Mathews runs a tad long. I am getting a consistent shot and arrow placement with it. I prefer to shoot off the string and don’t feel over-extended but... what do you guys think should I get 27.5” mods since Mathews runs long? Or if it’s working and comfortable don’t mess with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Yep your a lil long imo
But if you like feel and how it's shooting leave it alone

·
(aka lug nut)
49,681 Posts
Just got a MR6. Love the feel of the bow. Set to 70 and draws/holds/releases beautiful. I am usually a 27.5”-28” draw on most bows. This one is a 28” and I know Mathews runs a tad long. I am getting a consistent shot and arrow placement with it. I prefer to shoot off the string and don’t feel over-extended but... what do you guys think should I get 27.5” mods since Mathews runs long? Or if it’s working and comfortable don’t mess with it?

Terrible camera angle. Try again. Have photographer triple the distance between you and the camera phone, so we can see your right elbow as well. Level arrow would be much better.

PS. When you point an arrow at the ground (any amount downhill), will work much better if your left armpit is forwards of your left ankle.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,681 Posts

Bottom line. If you are happy with your groups, don't change the draw length, don't do anything to your form.
If you want to cut your group size smaller, then, there are a whole bunch of things to change. Your choice.

·
Registered
Elite Victory 37
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Naw, I’ve always shot off the string.

·
Registered
Elite Victory 37
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I’m trying to figure out if there’s some ‘play’ in the rule of where your anchor is and what your draw length is. Kind of like with Tradbows. As long as you’re consistent it really doesn’t matter where you anchor.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,681 Posts
I guess I’m trying to figure out if there’s some ‘play’ in the rule of where your anchor is and what your draw length is. Kind of like with Tradbows. As long as you’re consistent it really doesn’t matter where you anchor.

Compound bow is not like "trad bows". If you want to shoot sub 1/2-inch groups at 20 yards, you will not get there with your current form.
If you are happy with your current group size, don't change a thing.
If you want to shoot tighter groups than what you currently shoot, then, gotta change something.

·
Registered
Elite Victory 37
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After reading through and thinking about this I think that since I even had the question about it I should try shorter draw mods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts